Day trips/restaurants in your state

Reports and stories from trips, planning of gatherings, questions about how to get there!
  • Sponsored Links
Motorcycle: 2014 gl1800

Day trips/restaurants in your state

Postby Scooter363y » Sun Oct 02, 2016 7:19 am

I have this idea for a new topic. Day trips in your state usually with a stop for lunch at a restaurant with a menu item or theme suggestion.

I live in the central Ohio area so this opens up the whole state for me. Here are some examples

Ohio,Sandusky, a nice ride to the banks of Lake Erie lots of things to see here. For lunch we stopped at the Jolly Roger restaurant great perch and walleye open during season March-October

Ohio,Dayton, Wright brothers sites and air force museum need I say more? Just north off I-75 in tipp city is Hickory River Smokehouse really great BBQ!

Ohio,Columbus,lots of shopping for you and your scooter at the Iron Pony on the north east side of town. Lots of selections here with good prices. When done go down town cosi (center of science and industry) is there. Very interesting museum. And Phillips Coney Islands is there just out of downtown on west broad street. Great coneys and chili there!

There are some examples
You guys take it from here!

Motorcycle: 2004 GL1800

Re: Day trips/restaurants in your state

Postby harvey01 » Sun Oct 02, 2016 11:48 am

Scooter363y, When you are down by the Iron Pony, you are not that far from the AMA Heritage Museum which houses a lot of motorcycling history. Well worth the visit! And if you get to Logan, OH try the M&M family restaurant downtown. Great lunch sandwiches and a hearty breakfast.

In Virginia, there are so many rides and places to eat! I always enjoy the ride down RT 10, stop for lunch at the Surrey house Restaurant and have some peanut soup and then catch the Surrey ferry across the James river and take Rt 5 back to Richmond.

If you can manage to be in Front Royal, VA (Canoe Capital of the World) at breakfast, Little Dees diner is the place to go for fantastic pancakes and then a ride down the Skyline Drive. Actually the area around Front Royal is chock full of fun back roads and places to visit.

Beyound those, it is very hard to pick specific restaurants as the state is blessed with many. Barbeque places are all over the state and offer many different styles of barbeque. Most small towns have at least one great food location or at least a small family restaurant or diner with excellent food. And we do have several 5 star restaurants at the Washington Inn, Jefferson hotel, and the Homestead if that is your thing!

Of course as you head to the eastern part of the state, you get the true seafood restaurants, many that serve the catch from the day before. Most have great seafood and of course the famous Chesapeake Blue Crab.

Virginia is a gourmet's delight, we even have several restaurants that serve venison, squirrel and rabbit!
Ride Safe and Ride Often

Motorcycle: 1998 GL 1500SE

Re: Day trips/restaurants in your state

Postby cardinal » Tue Oct 04, 2016 10:38 am

The World Famous ALICE'S RESTAURNT!!

Always a large cross section of bikes in the parking lot.

In Woodside, CA., at the intersection of 35 and 84.
Beautiful, ride and pretty good food.

Return to “Trip Info, Reports & Gatherings”