2017 Cherokee and Pisgah National Forest Gathering

Reports and stories from trips, planning of gatherings, questions about how to get there!
  • Sponsored Links
zeek1800
Motorcycle: 2006 GL1800

2017 Cherokee and Pisgah National Forest Gathering

Post by zeek1800 » Tue May 02, 2017 8:59 pm

I haven't posted much in this forum but started since the Hocking Hills gathering was posted. My background - I normally ride solo and have ridden 47 of the lower 48 solo and a lot of NE CAN provinces and Nova Scotia, 2006 GL1800 with 135k mi. This past weekend I rode from Pittsburgh down thru the smokies into Georgia Tallulah Falls and back thru Back Cave NC and into the Cherokee and Pisgah national forests, and then thru the Back of the Dragon Rt 16 and home. I've ridden the smokies a lot (my favorite in this area) but not too much in the Cherokee and Pisgah other than the Snake, Blue Ridge and some loops closer to Johnson City, but absolutely love the area. I plan on going back to the Cherokee and Pisgah area in the fall and staying central near Linville Falls, NC doing loops M-F in this area. I'M CURIOUS IF ANYBODY WOULD BE INTERESTED IN GOING (sorry for the caps, but this is the purpose of my post :shock: :D ). I will go regardless. I plan on going the week before Oct 14th (Columbus day M-F) or the week after. If there is interest I can let others know where I plan on staying, more as a possible gathering point for whomever wants to go, with lodging details. The lodging will probably be very limited so I would encourage seriously interested only members reply. Loops would be simple to organize and group up - there are tons of them in the area and riding skills, styles and intensity could easily be paired up.

Best regards!
Zeek