Trip To Big Sur State Park - Lee's Honda Redding CA

Reports and stories from trips, planning of gatherings, questions about how to get there!
  • Sponsored Links
Rednaxs60
Motorcycle: 1985 GL1200 LTD, 2008 GL1800

Trip To Big Sur State Park - Lee's Honda Redding CA

Post by Rednaxs60 » Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:46 pm

Just finished a two week trip to Big Sur State Park in California. The purpose of the trip was to meet up with some other vintage GW riders for a camping evening at the Park. Left Victoria on 10 October for Los Angeles. Rained from Olympia to 30 miles before Grants Pass where I spent the first night. Left the next morning, 11 Oct, to a clear day but cool 2 deg C morning. Lovely ride into Redding CA where, unfortunately, the alternator on my bike gave up the ghost. Had just filled up in town, got back on the highway and the alternator light came on - I have the poorboy/alt mod on my bike.

I was towed to Lee's Honda on Lackspur Lane in Redding. Now to the crux of this post. The service manager, Tim Fleig, met me when I arrived in the tow truck, approximately 1230. I explained to him the issue, and he immediately fit me into their busy repair schedule. He assigned a mechanic, Kelsy Maasen, to do the work removing the faulty alternator. With some fine research, Tim and his staff sourced a replacement alternator that would be installed 12 Oct as soon as it arrived.

Steve Helow, service adviser, provided information regarding places to stay and good dining spots for my overnight in Redding.

The alternator was in hand and installed on my bike by 1:00 PM the next day. Tim and his staff had me back on the road heading to Los Angeles within 24 hours of my predicament.

Can't say enough about the professionalism of Tim and his staff. The fact that they fit an out of town rider into their busy repair schedule, worked on an '85 GW with a DIY alternator mod is a testament to their professionalism and can do attitude. This allowed me to continue to Los Angeles for my meetup, adn return to Victoria with Sonya who flew into LA for the return trip home.

If anyone is ever in the area of Redding and needs assistance, highly recommend the staff at Lee's Honda - 2230 Larkspur Lane - Redding CA - 96002. Phone 530-221-9247. Web site: www.leeshonda.com

The rest of the trip was uneventful. Met up with the boys from Los Angeles. Had an enjoyable evening camping at Big Sur.

Again, can't say enough about the excellent support that Tim and his staff did for me.

Cheers

"When you write the story of your life, don't let anyone else hold the pen"

Ernest

landisr
Motorcycle: 1976 GL1000
1994 GL1500A

Re: Trip To Big Sur State Park - Lee's Honda Redding CA

Post by landisr » Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:58 pm

Thanks for sharing your story. They are definitely Good Guys.

Ron I. AZ
Beam me up, Scotty. There's no intelligent life down here.