Nova Scotia this year

Reports and stories from trips, planning of gatherings, questions about how to get there!
  • Sponsored Links
steve06wing
Motorcycle: 2006 gl1800 goldwing

Nova Scotia this year

Post by steve06wing » Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:10 pm

Planning a Two week trip this year to Nova Scotia. What are some places to see? We are doing the Cabot trail and camping along the way. This is part of the rout we are doing. https://www.google.ca/maps/dir/Owen+Sou ... 934044!3e0

lamasue
Motorcycle: 2000 1500se

Re: Nova Scotia this year

Post by lamasue » Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:36 pm

We went on the puffin boat tour out of englishtown, rode the whole trail i liked eating at rusty anchor at the top stayed at a motel next to there too, theres a celtic school and shop you might want to stop at, oh i went clockwise, be orepared for big time twisties that go down to ocean bluffs awsome but you have to be on your game, they were doing construction on some if the road last year very tricky on sand and dirt, we went to digby to get a scallop dinner, its the worlds Capitol of scallops and spent an afternoon in hallifax

steve06wing
Motorcycle: 2006 gl1800 goldwing

Post by steve06wing » Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:03 pm

Thanks for the reply. We are thinking about going to Digby and catch the Wharf Rat Rally since we are going to be at Peggys Cove when it's on

onelostsock
Motorcycle: 2006 GL1800HPNA

Post by onelostsock » Wed Mar 07, 2018 7:01 pm

Been to N.S. 4or5 times in the last ten years. The Cabot Trail is great. We did it counter-clockwise. Don't forget your T-shirt from the Coastal Restaurant. If you like white sand beaches, the south shore can't be beat! Summerville Beach,Rissers Beach and others. An unbelievable pottery shop next to the LeHavre ferry, Westcoat Bell for beautiful mugs,plates and pottery artwork. The owner is very accommodating as far as shipping etc. There is a great zip line in French River, called Anchors Above. A bit off the beaten path ,up a dirt road for a ways, but worth the drive. Be sure to call before you go to make sure the owner is around. He lives just down the road from the line. It is actually 2 zip lines for one price. Well worth it! We did not stay for the Wharf Rat Rally. VERY busy and alot of bikers. If that is what you are into it probably would be alot of fun. (We were more into the quieter stuff). And if you like living history museums there are several worth seeing. Great way to spend a half a day winding down. Hope you have fun. I am jealous. My wife and I are partial to NS and Canada in general. We have been to Canada,and the Maritimes about 8 times in the last 12 years. And the exchange rate can't be beat for us Americans! Ha! :D

chads920
Motorcycle: 93 1500A Gold Wing - Champion Trike
03 Yamaha RSV (sold)
89 Yamaha VR (sold)
90 Bunkhouse tent trailer (sold)
2016 Bunkhouse - Queen

Post by chads920 » Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:30 pm

Check out the Military Police National Motor Cycle Rally (a fund raiser for visually impaired children) we are leaving Vancouver Island on the 28th July and traveling across Canada to St. Johns arriving Aug 25th you can join in at any point and roll out at any time along the way. Check the web sight for route info etc.
Sometimes your find yourself on a lonely open road, sometimes on a open road you find yourself.
BBM - PIN 24DF1560
Member of the Royal Canadian Legion Br. 227, Legion Rider Unit member

themainviking
Motorcycle: 2009 GL1800 AD
1987 Harley Softail Custom
1974 Harley FLH (sold)
1965 Harley FLHE (sold)
1957 Harley Chopper (sold)

Post by themainviking » Fri Mar 30, 2018 6:34 am

When crossing Nova Scotia and New Brunswick, it is much more scenic to take the more northern highway along the coast. Highway 104 is for moving traffic in bulk. Coming back from Cabot, you can turn onto the more northern route just west of New Glascow, and you CAN get all the way into Quebec on it. The Cabot is always best ridden counter clockwise, so the view can be enjoyed in full.
It ain't about the destination - it's all about the journey

99grandamse
Motorcycle: 2004 GL1800A Goldwing

Post by 99grandamse » Sun May 06, 2018 5:38 pm

Hi there!

Kind of late on this but I am from NS if you have any specific questions I can answer. I’m not very goodat making routes but have been to many places throughout Atlantic Cananda. Anyway, I’m little biased but it is beautiful downn here. Hope you enjoy your trip!!