Just back from God's country

Reports and stories from trips, planning of gatherings, questions about how to get there!
  • Sponsored Links
Fritz The Cat
Motorcycle: 1994 GL 1500 Interstate

Just back from God's country

Postby Fritz The Cat » Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:25 am

Once a year me and a 4 other old fart do an annual Wild Hogs ride to the mountains. This year we rented a cabin on a golf course 3 miles off the Blue Ridge Parkway just north of Asheville outside of Burnsville, NC. The weather was perfect as some of us rode the twisties and some of us played golf. Not being a golfer myself, I spent all of my time riding. Got a healthy does of the BRP as well as US 276, NC 215 and NC 151.

Got off to a BAD start Monday morning. My plan was to ride the Valkyrie but I did something stupid which made me have to take the Wing instead. The Valk wouldn't crank and I managed to run the battery down before I realized why. The petcock was closed. :oops: The guys were waiting on me so all I could do was load everything onto the Wing and head out. I did Zero prep to the old girl but in spite of this, she ran flawlessly and was a joy to ride as usual. She had been sitting idle for about 3 months and I had planned to put new tires on her in the fall and just ride the Valk for the rest of the season.

I know it's not the Valkyrie's fault that I'm stupid but still, How hard would it have been for mother Honda to design and automatic fuel delivery system for it?
The other side of the road from Lake Logan, NC
The other side of the road from Lake Logan, NC

Motorcycle: 1988 GL1500

Re: Just back from God's country

Postby cpwomer » Sat Aug 27, 2011 2:44 pm

Sounds like a really good run...I live way up in Ellijay GA but the next time can I go. You should post some pics in members pictures. Appreciate yall sharing...Craig
1988 GL1500 U.S Army, Ret. Owner/Operator,Ride Captain Patriot Guard Rider of GA, Director American Legion Riders Post 149 Jasper, GA

Return to “Trip Info, Reports & Gatherings”