Wild Wonderful West Virginia Trip!!

Reports and stories from trips, planning of gatherings, questions about how to get there!
  • Sponsored Links
faithtalker1
Motorcycle: GL1500se

Wild Wonderful West Virginia Trip!!

Postby faithtalker1 » Sat Oct 29, 2011 4:07 pm

Took off a few weekends ago of the 95 Gl1500se. Decided to take my youngest son, who I might add rode passenger like a champ. We left at about 2:00p.m. and arrived in Fairmont at about 10:00p.m. which is about 3-1/2 hours longer than it would take in a car. However we hit state route 50 just as it had been dark for about 25-30 min. My hopes was to catch most of it through the daylight hours, unfortunately my wife had made the suggestion to go back way through Columbus, Ohio instead of taking the 5 lane bypass which can be pretty busy on a Friday afternoon and evening. Sounded like a good Idea at the time. Except we ended up with about 150 stop lights, road construction, and a bus that stopped at every green light, picked up or released a passenger and then waited through the next red light to proceed. Thus the extra 3-1/2 hours was spent. But coming back we hit st. rt. 50 in the daylight and had a blast coming home. Made the trip home in 6 hours... Again son did awesome for his first longer ride. 750mi round trip.

Return to “Trip Info, Reports & Gatherings”