Site Admin
Motorcycle: 2000 GL1500 SE
1982 GL1100A Aspencade (sold)
1989 PC800 (wife's!)
1998 XV250 Virago (sold)
2007 Aspen Sentry Trailer

What's this forum about?

Post by WingAdmin » Mon Nov 03, 2014 3:03 pm

A lot of us own other bikes in addition to our Goldwings. I know I've written occasionally about the other bikes in our household, some of them have even appeared now and again, like my wife's PC800 Pacific Coast in this review of SuperbrightLEDs Driving Lights. I always felt a bit guilty posting a non-Goldwing themed message - and given the idea by a user on the site, I decided to create a space just for us.

So...do you have bikes other than your Wing? Or would you like to talk about the bikes that led you down the path to the world of Goldwings? Have you done some work to another bike that you are particularly proud of? Feel free to write about them, post some pictures, anything you like.

Mag
Motorcycle: 1982 Yamaha Venture (Crashed/Sold)
1982 1100 Silver Goldwing (sold)
1989 1500 Beige Goldwing (sold)
1988 1500 Beige Goldwing (current ride)

Re: What's this forum about?

Post by Mag » Tue Nov 04, 2014 12:03 am

Oh, now you have opened the barn doors and let the horses out, lol.

littlebeaver
Motorcycle: 1981 gl 1100 I , 79 Yamaha XS11
Special, 82 Kawa 750 CSR, 82 Kawa 750 LTD, 03 Kawa Nomad 1500, 99 Kawa Voyager 1200

Post by littlebeaver » Wed Feb 18, 2015 5:28 am

Gosh, I never even saw this post until just now.... I have had a few others and a story behind each, I'll keep it short as I can, I be long winded... :D 1982 Kawasaki 750 two cylinder CSR and I ran the crap out of it in the hot summer in Texas and never bothered to check the oil and it ceased and warped the engine :shock: Young and stupid and I ran and raced it like crazy, idiot kid.. then I got another Kawasaki LTD 750 4 cyl. nice bike it was also a 82 model just like the other but it had a different engine and no spoke rims...

then we had our first born so I sold it... :shock: I went 12 years without a bike and it killed me, even lost my license to ride one.. then I got my Nomad

I tricked it out and loved the bike, then I got a 1979 Yamaha XS1100 Special and I fixed it up to run correctly, Now the Nomad was cool because I learned a boat load on Gadgets Nomad site,, how too's galore, I already worked on bikes and such some but his site brought new things like trailers and such,,, cool stuff.. then I sold the Yamaha and I still had the Nomad for a while,,, then my brother died and he had this Honda he was going to fix up,, Well I took it and fixed it up....I sold the Nomad because my daughter was going off to College and we needed the money right quick.. Leaving me with the 1100

, I always wanted a Voyager(99) another Kawasaki so I got a pretty little gem of a bike last year and I do love it, I take turns on it with the Honda here's a photo.......It appears the file is too large,,, I will get back to it another time, I may need to reduce the size of the photo..

Here's what my Honda looked like when I got it,,, Yep Same bike,,,Brother would be so proud...
Here's what my Honda looked like when I got it,,, Yep Same bike,,,Brother would be so proud...

Last edited by littlebeaver on Wed Feb 18, 2015 7:01 am, edited 4 times in total.

littlebeaver
Motorcycle: 1981 gl 1100 I , 79 Yamaha XS11
Special, 82 Kawa 750 CSR, 82 Kawa 750 LTD, 03 Kawa Nomad 1500, 99 Kawa Voyager 1200

Post by littlebeaver » Wed Feb 18, 2015 5:40 am

Here is the CSR and a Young Beave at 27

My 79 Yamaha XS1100

Sweet ride....My next is a 1500 Goldwing, I hope...

I'm guessing this is what you want from everyone...LOL :lol: I like over doing it......I entertain myself like that...It's joyful :lol: :lol: :lol: There's one thing nobody can ever take away from me,, and that's my LOVE for motorcycles :lol: they can try but I might smack em in the face... :lol:

rb550four
Motorcycle: 1981 gl1100,a 72 450 some 500 fours , some 550fours and some 650fours

Post by rb550four » Wed Oct 28, 2015 11:18 pm

I started out with enduro bikes when I was a teen.
Really liked my cl 350, kept it until I was 28 years old. I took it all apart and rebuilt it in a cellar one winter ,put it all back together and could't get it out the Bilco door...I was at it for hours, finally channeled my rage and pulled it out by the front wheel, I was so upset I put a for sale sign on it and went inside. Before I could cool off two guys showed up to the door with $400 bucks, and away it went. I still miss that little bike.
Later on I bought a Kawasaki enduro , then my wife was pregnant.....no more motorcycles...sold that too. But, bought a 500 when no one was looking and quietly worked on it for years. No one knew I had it, til years later on the first day I started it up.
Rebuilt the 500 when the kids were out of college. No more kids in the house, so Daddy can ride again. I found myself spending more time rebuilding machines than riding ....I don't remember riding being so dangerous, it's like nobody is paying attention on the road anymore, so the shop is a safer place for me to enjoy bikes. I do try to get out on the road during the weekend but never take long rides. So my rebuilds hardly have any miles on them, it's a shame really,some of them only have 50 miles on them, they need to be run more often.
Hoping to take the 1100 cross country...maybe Rt 66 or rt 20... someday. I expect that may be the last hurrah. Meantime it's wrenching and short rides .