All you need to know about the new 2018 Goldwing

Information and questions on GL1800 Goldwings (2018+)
  • Sponsored Links
FM-USA
Motorcycle: mc

Re: All you need to know about the new 2018 Goldwing

Post by FM-USA » Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:52 am

A vacuum mold would be the middle ground of labor & costs.
Test sales with feedback is king. Vac-mold is the easiest and least costly for mold changes.

As I mentioned, until enough sales would be needed to warrant injection mold.

What I'm reading is there's not as many who will buy this latest GL1800 rework vs the original GL1800. The GL1500 still has a large following. Age aside, buyers dwindled after the 1500. Some so miffed they went BMW. To each their own. :?

"Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip." W.C.

ZAN
Motorcycle: 1998 Valkyrie, 1988 Softail Heritage, 1985 V65 Sabre

Post by ZAN » Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:25 am

I do 7 to 10k when I go on my trips and there's no way I can ride in one position all day long and it's with this in mind I ask; Why isn't anyone talking about the lack of highway pegs or a mounting point? As I see it, the only place to mount pegs is to the crash bar that's under the plastic cover; so that means the cover has to go. We need to stretch out from time to time, Honda should look at BMW, they offer nice forward floorboards as an option.
I feel the Need...The need for Speed

WingAdmin
Site Admin
Motorcycle: 2000 GL1500 SE
1982 GL1100A Aspencade (sold)
1989 PC800 (wife's!)
1998 XV250 Virago (sold)
2007 Aspen Sentry Trailer

Post by WingAdmin » Wed Jun 06, 2018 3:25 pm

ZAN wrote:
Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:25 am
I do 7 to 10k when I go on my trips and there's no way I can ride in one position all day long and it's with this in mind I ask; Why isn't anyone talking about the lack of highway pegs or a mounting point? As I see it, the only place to mount pegs is to the crash bar that's under the plastic cover; so that means the cover has to go. We need to stretch out from time to time, Honda should look at BMW, they offer nice forward floorboards as an option.
I've seen a couple, both of them are "coming soon" and not yet available.

The first, which I can't find pics of on the Internet at the moment, replaces that plastic cover with a metal one that integrates flip-out pegs.

The other is from Rivco, which has a (somewhat ugly) bracket that covers the "Honda" logo on the side. It has flip-out pegs that adjust fore and aft:

phone_trouble
Motorcycle: 2014 Goldwing
1984 Yamaha Venture

Post by phone_trouble » Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:17 pm

Can you pre-route the navigation system on your home computer and transfer route to the system.

You can create a route on the http://www.tripplanner.honda.com web site, download it to a USB stick, then plug the USB stick into your bike and upload the route into the navigation.
All documentation so far says that you can program and operate the navigation while moving.
[/quote]

when we plug in a usb stick, it doesn't find the routes in a sub folder, do they need to be in the root?

doxbike
Motorcycle: 2018 gl1800bd

Post by doxbike » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:48 pm

Nav is total BS. Can only enter 8 waypoints; Can't manipulate it when moving- can't even stop routing without stopping the bike; if you miss a waypoint to get gas or decide on a little detour-will not direct you to next waypoint-continually re-routes you back to the missed point or the route start; will inexplicably decide to give you your route on an alternate path-doubling your route miles, etc, etc. Honda is aware of this FUBAR situation and is "working on it".

Is OK if you enter a destination and don't have a specific route you want to travel, other than that, hook up your Garmin and let it do what a GPS is supposed to do.