Information and questions on GL1000 Goldwings (1975-1979)
- Sponsored Links
4 posts • Page 1 of 1
- Posts: 1
- Joined: Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:33 pm
- Location: shrewsbury england
- Motorcycle: honda gl1000 1976
Hi, ive got a 1976, honda gl1000, it has been off the road for some years, ive recentley got it back on th, e road, however,i get a howling noise coming from under the dummy tank as im travelling.My first thought was a faulty rad cap, but the noise starts as soon as i move off. is it an electronic howl?, can any body help please?
- Fred Camper
- Posts: 1167
- Joined: Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:15 pm
- Location: Metro Detroit, MI
- Motorcycle: 1977 GL1000, 1976 LTD GL1000
Sounds more like an induction noise or maybe a speedometer or tach cable whine. A slow speed ride may help you figure it out, but I would look to the speedometer cable first.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 19 guests