Information and questions on GL1000 Goldwings (1975-1979)
- Sponsored Links
3 posts • Page 1 of 1
- Posts: 7
- Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:08 pm
- Location: Winston salem
- Motorcycle: 1976 GL1000 Gold Wing
I have shocks with a spring and an adjustment for tension, dosn't seem to matte were I set it, I hit bumps hard, no give. Dosn't seem to want to bounce back at all. Canm these be fixed or do I just need to buy new. If new, any suggestions on brand?
- Fred Camper
- Posts: 1173
- Joined: Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:15 pm
- Location: Metro Detroit, MI
- Motorcycle: 1977 GL1000, 1976 LTD GL1000
Sounds like the shock is corroded inside. May be best to find another set as while the springs come off just fine, your issue may be inside the shock and certainly that suggests the seal is shot.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests