GL1000 ROCKER COVER EMBLEMS

Information and questions on GL1000 Goldwings (1975-1979)
  • Sponsored Links
Old Fogey
Motorcycle: 1976 GL1000
1979 GL1000

GL1000 ROCKER COVER EMBLEMS

Postby Old Fogey » Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:21 am

We have now got a supplier of the elusive GL1000 rocker cover emblems. As owners of these models will already be aware, it has been almost impossible to find NOS OEM (no, it has been totally impossible!) but I needed a pair for the brand new engine I'm building.
After spending near two days on the internet I have now found a supply of replicas and we have a few pieces on their way for evaluation.
The initial find was the black background version, but I have corresponded with the supplier and he is willing to make the '75 year only' blue ones as well.
BUT..... I need a real good picture or preferably a real good sample (some hope of that! :roll: ) of one of these to get the colour right. We think it is almost the same as the candy sapphire blue but without being candy or metallic.
Can anyone help me with this?

Anyone wanting emblems in either colour, let me know by PM. I will post the results of our evaluation as soon as we receive them, along with a price.

Image Image

'Impossible' is just a level of difficulty! The only stupid question is the one you didn't ask first!

Old Fogey
Motorcycle: 1976 GL1000
1979 GL1000

Re: GL1000 ROCKER COVER EMBLEMS

Postby Old Fogey » Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:09 pm

A quick update on this.

I received the emblems, after they had been sent to Doug first. he wouldn't comment on them until I had seen them!
Well, long and short of it was, I wasted my money! The quality was poor, the main material seemed to be solder! And they had weird fixings.
Back to the drawing board!
Image Image

'Impossible' is just a level of difficulty! The only stupid question is the one you didn't ask first!

Placerville
Motorcycle: 1976 Naked Yellow

Re: GL1000 ROCKER COVER EMBLEMS

Postby Placerville » Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:25 am

Sorry to hear this. But, good on you for giving it your best effort. Good luck.
Placerville- 1976 Yellow

Return to “GL1000 Information & Questions”