Cam Seal Sale

Information and questions on GL1000 Goldwings (1975-1979)
  • Sponsored Links
1grouch2u
Motorcycle: 1976 Honda Goldwing GL1000

Cam Seal Sale

Postby 1grouch2u » Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:14 pm

8-) I hope I got this right! I figure I'd better go ahead and replace these 30+ year old cam seals on my old '76 so I went to looking in all the usual places...

Got a Beck/Arnley 052-2755 for a part # (right?) and started looking for the best price, and if my calculations are correct:

Part Number Part Type Price EA Core EA Quantity Total
No Vehicle Specified
BECK/ARNLEY 0522755 Camshaft Seal
Wholesaler Closeout -- 30 Day Warranty $ 1.19 $ 0.00 2 $ 2.38
Shipping First Class Mail $ 2.23
Order Total :D $ 4.61 :D
MasterCard -$ 4.61
Balance Due $ 0.00

How do you like them apples? Did I do good? (you know if you've seen my posts that I'm a cheap date!)

Do your own research, but at that price- provided they really are the right seal, of course- on this "Wholesaler Closeout" price, it might be good to stock up on these, especially since THEY DON'T COME WITH A GASKET SET!!

-Hope I did a good thing here (I'll try and remember to get back on here and verify they fit) :mrgreen:

1grouch2u

Re: Cam Seal Sale

Postby 1grouch2u » Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:54 am

1grouch2u wrote:8-) I hope I got this right! I figure I'd better go ahead and replace these 30+ year old cam seals on my old '76 so I went to looking in all the usual places...

Got a Beck/Arnley 052-2755 for a part # (right?) and started looking for the best price, and if my calculations are correct:

Part Number Part Type Price EA Core EA Quantity Total
No Vehicle Specified
BECK/ARNLEY 0522755 Camshaft Seal
Wholesaler Closeout -- 30 Day Warranty $ 1.19 $ 0.00 2 $ 2.38
Shipping First Class Mail $ 2.23
Order Total :D $ 4.61 :D
MasterCard -$ 4.61
Balance Due $ 0.00

How do you like them apples? Did I do good? (you know if you've seen my posts that I'm a cheap date!)

Do your own research, but at that price- provided they really are the right seal, of course- on this "Wholesaler Closeout" price, it might be good to stock up on these, especially since THEY DON'T COME WITH A GASKET SET!!

-Hope I did a good thing here (I'll try and remember to get back on here and verify they fit) :mrgreen:

{and enter the contest!!!!}

1grouch2u

Postby 1grouch2u » Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:41 pm

Seals just got here today! - Nice, fresh, tight NEW camshaft seals Beck/Arnley 052-2755 - boy how exciting! -Of course the head gasket hasn't made it here yet, but I figured I'd share my joy at these being the right ones, for the wonderful price I told y'all about previously.

For the price I gotta recommend you pick up 3 for your own ride while at this low, low price (I'm kinda kicking myself for only getting the two I have immediate need for, but oh well.) :)

wjnfirearms
Motorcycle: 1977 GL1000
1980 KZ750 LTD
2007 H-D XL1200C

Postby wjnfirearms » Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:03 am

I'm sure I can speak for everybody here that we all can appreciate finding bargain good parts for our Wings and passing the info along so we all can share in the good fortune.

What would really help would be knowing WHERE the bargain can be found at. You never said in your posts, grouch. :?
Member, Patriot Guard Riders, Blue Knights LEMC, PA VII

1grouch2u

Postby 1grouch2u » Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:10 pm

wjnfirearms wrote:I'm sure I can speak for everybody here that we all can appreciate finding bargain good parts for our Wings and passing the info along so we all can share in the good fortune.

What would really help would be knowing WHERE the bargain can be found at. You never said in your posts, grouch. :?

:oops: Oh **** :oops: -isn't that just like me? Thanks for catching me 'Arms :!:

They were from Rock Auto . com (rockauto.com) :o

They're here and look really good :D (These only have a 30-day warranty. You can pay a little bit more and get the standard 1-yr. warranty, but they're the same thing- I've always had good success with Beck/Arnley stuff back when I was turning wrenches on cars- maybe not as good as BAP/Geon { :?: }, but hey, it's not like they're for the rear main on a Jaguar 'E-Type' :o or something- so I guess time will tell) :)

:roll: My kid just dragged up an old Honda Z50 :roll: Oh Boy!

Return to “GL1000 Information & Questions”