gl1000 exhaust gaskets


Information and questions on GL1000 Goldwings (1975-1979)
  • Sponsored Links
User avatar
twostrokes48
Posts: 577
Joined: Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:21 pm
Location: San Antonio,TX
Motorcycle: 98 Goldwing 1500 trike
75 GL1000 (restoring)
98 Goldwing with landing gear (for sale)
94 Goldwing 1500- towpac trike (sold)
88 Goldwing 1500- (sold)
84 GL1200 Aspy-SOLD
75 GL1000(stolen 87)
88 GW trike (totaled)
1972 750k2

gl1000 exhaust gaskets

Postby twostrokes48 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:55 pm



I've been looking for the gasket that fits between the end of the header and the muffler where the clamp fits on. It is more like a sleeve I would say about 2.5 inches long and probably 1/8th inch thick. Very heavy asbestos type material. Any idea what they are actually called and where I might buy them???
tks



User avatar
trike lady
Posts: 872
Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2011 5:58 pm
Location: Butler, PA
Motorcycle: 1993 GL1500 Aspencade with Voyager (Sold)
1983 GL650I SilverWing Interstate

Re: gl1000 exhaust gaskets

Postby trike lady » Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:04 pm

The part you're looking for is:
GASKET, MUFFLER
18392-MK5-000

www.hondapartsnation.com
I.M.B.B.A. Technician II Certified

User avatar
twostrokes48
Posts: 577
Joined: Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:21 pm
Location: San Antonio,TX
Motorcycle: 98 Goldwing 1500 trike
75 GL1000 (restoring)
98 Goldwing with landing gear (for sale)
94 Goldwing 1500- towpac trike (sold)
88 Goldwing 1500- (sold)
84 GL1200 Aspy-SOLD
75 GL1000(stolen 87)
88 GW trike (totaled)
1972 750k2

Re: gl1000 exhaust gaskets

Postby twostrokes48 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:24 pm

trike lady wrote:The part you're looking for is:
GASKET, MUFFLER
18392-MK5-000

http://www.hondapartsnation.com

Thanks a lot for this info....every time I plugged in gasket,muffler I seemed to get the ring that goes between the header and the block..tks again.

User avatar
1grouch2u
Posts: 190
Joined: Wed Sep 08, 2010 1:08 pm
Location: Bonham, TX
Motorcycle: 1976 Honda Goldwing GL1000

Re: gl1000 exhaust gaskets

Postby 1grouch2u » Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:04 pm

twostrokes48 wrote:
trike lady wrote:The part you're looking for is:
GASKET, MUFFLER
18392-MK5-000

http://www.hondapartsnation.com

Thanks a lot for this info....every time I plugged in gasket,muffler I seemed to get the ring that goes between the header and the block..tks again.



:D http://www.partzilla.com/parts/detail/h ... 5-000.html :D

User avatar
twostrokes48
Posts: 577
Joined: Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:21 pm
Location: San Antonio,TX
Motorcycle: 98 Goldwing 1500 trike
75 GL1000 (restoring)
98 Goldwing with landing gear (for sale)
94 Goldwing 1500- towpac trike (sold)
88 Goldwing 1500- (sold)
84 GL1200 Aspy-SOLD
75 GL1000(stolen 87)
88 GW trike (totaled)
1972 750k2

Re: gl1000 exhaust gaskets

Postby twostrokes48 » Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:10 pm

1grouch2u wrote:
twostrokes48 wrote:
trike lady wrote:The part you're looking for is:
GASKET, MUFFLER
18392-MK5-000

http://www.hondapartsnation.com

Thanks a lot for this info....every time I plugged in gasket,muffler I seemed to get the ring that goes between the header and the block..tks again.



:D http://www.partzilla.com/parts/detail/h ... 5-000.html :D


Yep, that is who I ordered from, a few cents cheaper and a lot less on the shipping...They are due to be on their way tomorrow according to tracking..
Thanks again everyone.

User avatar
1grouch2u
Posts: 190
Joined: Wed Sep 08, 2010 1:08 pm
Location: Bonham, TX
Motorcycle: 1976 Honda Goldwing GL1000

Re: gl1000 exhaust gaskets

Postby 1grouch2u » Sat Feb 09, 2013 7:34 pm

Why certainly! Our pleasure, I'm sure! 8-)




Return to “GL1000 Information & Questions”




Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Brandwatch [Bot], Fred Camper, Google Adsense [Bot] and 4 guests