Stripped Sync screw

Information and questions on GL1000 Goldwings (1975-1979)
  • Sponsored Links
fortychevyrod
Motorcycle: 1985 GL1200 Interstate

Stripped Sync screw

Postby fortychevyrod » Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:28 am

I have searched the forums and didn't find anything or overlooked it, regarding my specific problem. I was about to finish the carb sync on my 78 GL1000 and I find that the sync screw on number 2 carb is stripped and will not tighten up. I suppose this has been the problem I had all along.

Can I buy this part and if so, where is the best place to purchase it. I know that carb sync screw is most likely not the correct name for the part but I don't have my book here. Is this going to be a major ordeal getting the old screw set out and the new one in place?

Anyone had this problem before? Thanks in advance for any information, comments, suggestions or remarks. JB

Placerville
Motorcycle: 1976 Naked Yellow

Re: Stripped Sync screw

Postby Placerville » Tue Jun 18, 2013 1:20 pm

You first must determine if just the screw itself is stripped or if it's the threads on the carb body (or both) before you start looking for parts. As nothing you need is available from Honda, you might want to post a 'Wanted' after you determine what you require. If you don't get any response, I'd contact Pistol Pete or Mike Nixon and see what they can do for you.
Placerville- 1976 Yellow

fortychevyrod
Motorcycle: 1985 GL1200 Interstate

Re: Stripped Sync screw

Postby fortychevyrod » Tue Jun 18, 2013 1:41 pm

Placerville thanks for that info. I was just about to get into the shop and see if there is anything else I will need. I appreciate the contact info. JB

Return to “GL1000 Information & Questions”