question: anyone have a hack set up? and is wearing out a me88 rear in 3000 miles normal?..... anyone use car tires on a gl1000. if so what size?
Information and questions on GL1000 Goldwings (1975-1979)
- Sponsored Links
2 posts • Page 1 of 1
- Posts: 21
- Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2012 6:36 am
- Location: Crawfordsville, Indiana, Vancouver WA
- Motorcycle: 77 gl1000-with 56 ural sidecar. 76 guzzi convert, 74 xs650, 90 zx10, 78xs750 tripple, 78 cb400A
I didnt change my mind.......... I just added to the original plan.
- Posts: 423
- Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:58 pm
- Location: Placerville, CA
- Motorcycle: 1976 Naked Yellow
I am not a hack expert however, I do know that sidecar setups will greatly decrease the life expectancy of traditional motorcycle tires. Regarding the use of conventional auto tires on GL's, this is always controversial except in the case of a sidecar set up. Then, they're generally preferred (as there's no more traditional 'cornering' involved) and one can expect substantially more mileage than traditional motorcycle tires. PM sent.
Placerville- 1976 Yellow
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest