Throttle cables

Information and questions on GL1000 Goldwings (1975-1979)
  • Sponsored Links
handyandy62
Motorcycle: 1977 gl1000

Throttle cables

Postby handyandy62 » Tue May 13, 2014 3:32 pm

I have a 1977 GL1000, can anyone tell me how the cable are routed through the frame? Please be specific, i.e. under here, over there, through this pocket.

Placerville
Motorcycle: 1976 Naked Yellow

Re: Throttle cables

Postby Placerville » Tue May 13, 2014 3:56 pm

handyandy62 wrote:I have a 1977 GL1000, can anyone tell me how the cable are routed through the frame? Please be specific, i.e. under here, over there, through this pocket.

No, we can't. It's virtually impossible to communicate to you in writing how all of your cables route. Here's a diagram that may help. It's from section 4, page 14 of the Honda GL1000 shop manual. I strongly suggest that you buy one. They're available on eBay for around $45 if your lucky. They're invaluable. If you can't afford to buy one, you'll find one that you can download here. The images aren't as clear but, it's free.

If you want to do this with ease, I suggest that you remove your top shelter. With it off, cable replacement is a snap. It's not difficult: Pull the pins and remove the side covers. Remove the four bolts holding the shelter to the frame. Disconnect the electrical connections on the left side. Disconnect your fuel gauge from the harness. Remove your air box and disconnect it's hoses. Lift off the entire top shelter.

Placerville- 1976 Yellow

Return to “GL1000 Information & Questions”