Painting 78 gl1000

Information and questions on GL1000 Goldwings (1975-1979)
  • Sponsored Links
scottedlund
Motorcycle: 1978 GL1000

Painting 78 gl1000

Postby scottedlund » Mon May 19, 2014 7:35 am

Has anyone ever painted the back side of the fairing (when sitting on the bike the black plastic in front of you). If so do you need a special paint or just scuff and paint after cleaning? Would love to paint and get rid of some of the black and if I can paint the fairing, I am going to paint the luggage cases too. Thinking of an Auburn Pearl Metallic for the outside (kind of a brown). 2012 Chrysler 200 were this color and what should I paint the back side of the fairing? any suggestions?

SnoBrdr
Motorcycle: 1978 GL 1000

129K Original Owner

Re: Painting 78 gl1000

Postby SnoBrdr » Mon May 19, 2014 2:50 pm

scottedlund wrote:Has anyone ever painted the back side of the fairing (when sitting on the bike the black plastic in front of you). If so do you need a special paint or just scuff and paint after cleaning? Would love to paint and get rid of some of the black and if I can paint the fairing, I am going to paint the luggage cases too. Thinking of an Auburn Pearl Metallic for the outside (kind of a brown). 2012 Chrysler 200 were this color and what should I paint the back side of the fairing? any suggestions?

I've never seen that done but I haven't seen every bike in the world.

I would think that the inside were not painted for a reason, maybe too reflective.

Is it a Vetter faring? If so try emailing Craig Vetter and ash him why.

http://www.craigvetter.com/index.html

Return to “GL1000 Information & Questions”