spark/starting please help me

Information and questions on GL1000 Goldwings (1975-1979)
  • Sponsored Links
mikegoldwing
Motorcycle: 1979 honda goldwing gl1000

spark/starting please help me

Postby mikegoldwing » Sat May 02, 2015 5:36 pm

So I will start from begining got this new goldwing its a 1979 gl1000 it started good but ran rough come to find out has no spark on cylinder#4 but rest get great spark previous owner put a dyna electronic ignition in it now from finding out that I have gotten new coil pack that was used but works put it in and bike starts for about 3 sec then dies mind you with last coil pack it ran but ran rough I am stumped I really am ill be putting old coil pack back in and see if it runs again just runs rough I have looked at the boots and took out resistor in the #4 boot as well and no luck so if you have had same problem please please help me thank you very much for your time wing on.

mikegoldwing
Motorcycle: 1979 honda goldwing gl1000

Re: spark/starting please help me

Postby mikegoldwing » Sun May 03, 2015 5:10 pm

Ok I got it all figured out it was the ballast but old coil pack was bad changed the ballast from old to the new one and good to go. But my next quistion is for turn signal it makes that clicking noise I get that but works good on right turn but clicks 2 times on left and sounds like its strugling then stops I have changed the blinker box im not sure what that is called didnt help at all so do I have a short or just unhook the speaker box that makes that fake clicking and see what happens any suggestions please help me thank you for your time

CMReynolds1
Motorcycle: 2013 F6B

Re: spark/starting please help me

Postby CMReynolds1 » Sun May 03, 2015 10:52 pm

May not be an issue, but I would swap out turn signal bulbs to make sure a bulb isn't shorted or bad. Simple check, may help, may not.
Ride Safe,
Taz

TF 116, RivRon 512, Can Tho, S. Vietnam, 8/66-/9/68, GM(G)2

Return to “GL1000 Information & Questions”