loping issues and choke issues

Information and questions on GL1000 Goldwings (1975-1979)
  • Sponsored Links
goldwingin
Motorcycle: 1975 Honda Goldwing GL1000

loping issues and choke issues

Postby goldwingin » Sun Aug 09, 2015 10:21 pm

I have recently acquired a 1975 Honda Goldwing GL1000 and it needs a little bit of work. I've replaced the headers and exhaust pipes to an aftermarket setup due to the factory exhaust being rusted through and clogged. I also put on a new battery, starter solonoid, voltage regulator, coils, plugs and fresh gas. It will crank and run but only with the choke engaged and while running it has an awful loping. Can anyone give me some tips on this? I also own a 1978 goldwing gl1000 with carburetor issues and wiring issues so I'm using all the good parts on my 75 cruiser.

wingman12
Motorcycle: 1999 gl1500 se

Re: loping issues and choke issues

Postby wingman12 » Mon Aug 10, 2015 8:13 am

Good morning goldwing in, welcome to this site. I am going to ask questions that everyone will ask, we need more information on your new ride, how many years has the bike been sitting before you got it? Do you have any maintaince records from the po? When, if ever has the timing belts been changed? Any carb work been done? What is the mileage on your 38 year young treasure? What year are the tires? Just a start of questions. :D :D

goldwingin
Motorcycle: 1975 Honda Goldwing GL1000

Re: loping issues and choke issues

Postby goldwingin » Mon Aug 10, 2015 8:44 am

I just got the bike with no previous records of any work being Just visually the tires have great tread with no dry rot, the oil was recently changed but i am going to change it again just as a precaution, the carbs look like they have had work done but not sure when. As for the timing i couldn't really tell yea on that because like i said I am new to the goldwing scene lol. These are actually the first bikes i have ever owned and what better way to learn your bike than to build it? I bought a carburetor synchronizer in case that may be the issue and I'm not afraid to go ahead and acquire a new timing set if needed. I want this bike to be perfect in and out.

Return to “GL1000 Information & Questions”