very new owner of 78 GL1000, no blinkers

Information and questions on GL1000 Goldwings (1975-1979)
  • Sponsored Links
lisanator
Motorcycle: 1978 GL1000

very new owner of 78 GL1000, no blinkers

Postby lisanator » Sat Jul 24, 2010 12:59 am

I just bought my very first motorcycle...78 Goldwing, with a "trike" conversion. Thought I'd introduce myself. Working on getting it all road-legal...inspection, etc. I can't get my turn signals to work...the little indicator light doesn't light up, I hear no "blinking" sound, no lights blink or come on at all on front or back...not sure what to look for. I'm not a mechanic by any means, but I learn fast and am taking an interest in this machine like nothing I have ever owned. :D

My previous motorcycle experience consists entirely of taking a training course, riding pretty successfully for a few hours, and then falling off the bike (and I fell pretty darn hard), then recovering from injuries...then about 18 months later finding this trike of my dreams and loving riding it around my neighborhood until I get it legal.

Regards,

Lisa

leanjoe
Motorcycle: 82 GL1100a Aspencade

Re: very new owner of 78 GL1000, no blinkers

Postby leanjoe » Sat Jul 24, 2010 9:21 am

Well,if you open up the top shelter,there should be a knob on the right side to unscrew and open the left side panel. Behind there is most of your electrical connections. The turn signal flasher looks like a miniture can,with two wires and, will say "flasher" on it. Disconnect it and get another one to match at any auto parts. Its usually that easy.

lisanator
Motorcycle: 1978 GL1000

Re: very new owner of 78 GL1000, no blinkers

Postby lisanator » Sat Jul 24, 2010 1:08 pm

Thanks. I thought I might have stumbled on to that little flasher while tinkering with it last night after posting...your description helped me know I was right.

Return to “GL1000 Information & Questions”