79 Front Master Cylinder replacement suggestions?

Information and questions on GL1000 Goldwings (1975-1979)
  • Sponsored Links
AndaPrayer
Motorcycle: 1979 GL1000

79 Front Master Cylinder replacement suggestions?

Postby AndaPrayer » Mon May 23, 2016 9:50 am

Good morning!

I am looking for a front master cylinder with switch that will fit a 79 GL1000. I have found some random ones that look like they might work but I am asking the experienced. This bike pretty much just sits until I can do a proper rebuild but my son is flying into town this weekend and he just got his motorcycle learners permit so I am looking forward to riding together for the first time (on separate bikes that is). It would help if he could stop especially since he won't know what to do with all this power, not sure what they used in his CHP riding course but it wasn't an oldwing!

I've seen the masters on Randakk's but I'd rather find something less expensive. By no means knocking Randakk's, I did get his carb kit which I was very pleased with even though it took me a long time to justify the cost to myself as the bike only cost me $500. I am very happy I stepped up for it though.

Thank you,
Todd

SnoBrdr
Motorcycle: 1978 GL 1000

129K Original Owner

Re: 79 Front Master Cylinder replacement suggestions?

Postby SnoBrdr » Fri May 27, 2016 4:02 pm

AndaPrayer wrote:Good morning!

I am looking for a front master cylinder with switch that will fit a 79 GL1000. I have found some random ones that look like they might work but I am asking the experienced. This bike pretty much just sits until I can do a proper rebuild but my son is flying into town this weekend and he just got his motorcycle learners permit so I am looking forward to riding together for the first time (on separate bikes that is). It would help if he could stop especially since he won't know what to do with all this power, not sure what they used in his CHP riding course but it wasn't an oldwing!

I've seen the masters on Randakk's but I'd rather find something less expensive. By no means knocking Randakk's, I did get his carb kit which I was very pleased with even though it took me a long time to justify the cost to myself as the bike only cost me $500. I am very happy I stepped up for it though.

Thank you,
Todd

If you can afford it, Randakk's is pretty good.

Other's have used http://www.ebay.com/itm/Fit-7-8-Brake-Master-Cylinder-Front-For-CB400-1992-93-94-95-96-97-1998-Honda-/380544592782?hash=item589a39ab8e with good results.

Return to “GL1000 Information & Questions”