Information and questions on GL1000 Goldwings (1975-1979)
- Sponsored Links
3 posts • Page 1 of 1
- Posts: 11
- Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:25 pm
- Location: erie, pennsylvania
- Motorcycle: 1975 Honda GL 1000
Hey guys, wondering if anyone knows what size is the bolt on the rear shaft box where you drain the gear oil, mine broke and had to drill it out now i want to get a new one but no clue on the size. This is the smaller bolt on the bottom, not where you fill the oil but where you drain it. thanks.
- Posts: 773
- Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2015 12:44 pm
- Location: Victoria, British Columbia, Canada
- Motorcycle: 1985 GL1200 LTD, 2008 GL1800
Honda likes to keep items the same. The bolt you need is an 8 mm. Honda used there same bolt for the 1000/1100/1200 final drives.
Last edited by Rednaxs60 on Tue Aug 30, 2016 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"When you write the story of your life, don't let anyone else hold the pen"
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest