Information and questions on GL1000 Goldwings (1975-1979)
- Sponsored Links
5 posts • Page 1 of 1
- Site Admin
- Posts: 16909
- Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2008 4:16 pm
- Location: Strongsville, OH
- Motorcycle: 2000 GL1500 SE
1982 GL1100A Aspencade (sold)
1989 PC800 (wife's!)
1998 XV250 Virago (sold)
2007 Aspen Sentry Trailer
Well the first obvious thing to check is timing and points. That's where I'd start looking.
- Posts: 2
- Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 5:31 am
- Location: york,sc
- Motorcycle: 1976 goldwing gl1000
WingAdmin wrote:Well the first obvious thing to check is timing and points. That's where I'd start looking.
Thanks wingAdmin I took the belts off and then i timed and set the points.It runs great now.thanks a lot.
- Posts: 4
- Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:41 am
- Location: St Paul MN
- Motorcycle: GL 1000 Red 76
GL 1000 Black 76
You may have wires crossed if anyone untrained has serviced your GL. Be careful on these kinds of problems, as I have heard of red hot tailpipes due to carb and timing issues.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest