GL1000 spark plug wire replacement

Information and questions on GL1000 Goldwings (1975-1979)
  • Please Support our Sponsors!

GL1000 spark plug wire replacement

Postby fatslob » Thu Aug 11, 2011 8:59 pm

Hi.

I have a problem. Could someone explain the correct way to change wires on my Goldwing. I have the coils out of the bike, and the wires have been removed from the coils. Should I stay with 7mm size wire? Do I simply peel insulation back and push new wire into coil? It looked as if the factory had used a type of black RTV or adhesive in the coil. Do I use copper core wire? I have new NGK caps and boots to use. Can auto 7mm wires be cut and used? Thanks for any help.

Fatslob, (Bob P.)

fatslob

Motorcycle: 1977 honda GL1000

Re: GL1000 spark plug wire replacement

Postby WA9FWT » Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:06 pm

fatslob wrote:Hi.

I have a problem. Could someone explain the correct way to change wires on my Goldwing. I have the coils out of the bike, and the wires have been removed from the coils. Should I stay with 7mm size wire? Do I simply peel insulation back and push new wire into coil? It looked as if the factory had used a type of black RTV or adhesive in the coil. Do I use copper core wire? I have new NGK caps and boots to use. Can auto 7mm wires be cut and used? Thanks for any help.

Fatslob, (Bob P.)

Hi Bob, look in the upper right hand corner you will see a empty SEARCH box, type in spark plug wire....I know you will find your
answers, it just takes a lot of reading.....Good Luck!

WA9FWt Phil
WA9FWT

Motorcycle: 1982 GL1100A Aspencade Now a Trike
1975 Cb750K sold

Return to GL1000 Information & Questions