Type II Radio\Clock question - '83 Interstate

Information and questions on GL1100 Goldwings (1980-1983)
  • Sponsored Links
dvcruz
Motorcycle: 1993 GL1500 Aspencade
1983 GL1100 Interstate

Type II Radio\Clock question - '83 Interstate

Postby dvcruz » Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:40 pm

Hello to all.
Not a major question by any means, just curious. I have a '83 Interstate and I took all the radio\gauges from another '83 and put them on my bike. Everything works great. If you own this system, you know that by pushing the yellow radion button, the digital radio station indicator changes to the time (for about 5 seconds). By default, the radio station is always displayed.
Is there a way to make the clock display all the time and when you push the yellow button you display the radio station for 5 seconds?
Oddly enough, I have done this accidently twice in the last 5 months, but I don't know how I did it. I've tried holding the yellow button down when displaying the time for 5 or 8 seconds, but it just reverts to the radion station again.
Not a big deal, but when riding, I would rather know the time than what station I'm listening to.
Thanks.
dvc

Back in the San Diego area!

WingAdmin
Site Admin
Motorcycle: 2000 GL1500 SE
1982 GL1100A Aspencade (sold)
1989 PC800 (wife's!)
1998 XV250 Virago (sold)
2007 Aspen Sentry Trailer

Re: Type II Radio\Clock question - '83 Interstate

Postby WingAdmin » Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:52 am

There's no way of doing this, that I know of - and I had always wished for the same thing!

However...you're right, I've had the same thing happen to me. About one out of every 20 times I turn the bike on, the radio will come up showing the clock constantly instead of the station. Nothing that I did, it just seems to decide on its own once in a while to do this. It's not just my radio, either - because I've replaced the tuner module in my bike, and the replacement module (which is what drives the clock) did the exact same thing.

Return to “GL1100 Information & Questions”