Information and questions on GL1100 Goldwings (1980-1983)
- Sponsored Links
3 posts • Page 1 of 1
- Posts: 15
- Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:22 am
- Location: butler,pa
- Motorcycle: 1981 honda goldwing gl1100 aspencade
HAVE AN 81 GL1100 I . BOUGHT IT LAST FALL,NOT A BAD DEAL. THE FAIRING WAS CRACKED BEYOND REPAIR DOWN THE RIGHT SIDE WHERE YOUR RIGHT KNEE IS. I RECENTLY PURCHASED ANOTHER FAIRING IN GOOD SHAPE PUT IT ON A WEEK AGO. TODAY I NOTICED THAT IS WAS CRACKING THE VERY SAME PLACE AS THE OTHER ONE DID. ANYONE ELSE EVER HAD THIS PROBLEM OR HEARD OF IT?? KINDA BUMMED FAIRINGS ARENT EXACTLY CHEAP.
- Posts: 250
- Joined: Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:15 am
- Location: Stavanger, Norway
- Motorcycle: 1996 GL1500 SE with Hannigan 2+2 sidecar
Assuming there was a reason the first one cracked, I would suspect that reason also did some mis-shaping of the fairing brackets. Now you bolt a new fairing to a bent "frame".... it produces stress, most likely in the exact same line the original fairing cracked.
- Posts: 314
- Joined: Wed May 11, 2011 12:19 pm
- Location: Canada
- Motorcycle: 1982 Kawazaki KZ 1100 1983 Yamaha Venture Royal (sold and miss it) 2006 Goldwing GL1800 1992 Yamaha Virago
I am with Zamboni920 on this the bracket must be bent and transfering stress to the faring to cause both to crack in the same place.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 1 guest