Air pump wiring diagram - HELP!!

Information and questions on GL1100 Goldwings (1980-1983)
  • Sponsored Links
fred55
Motorcycle: 1982 gl1100

Air pump wiring diagram - HELP!!

Postby fred55 » Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:50 pm

I need to get some information about the air pump/compressor wiring hookup. Specifically the sub harness pump wiring. Parts # (AIR PUMP / DRIER A'82 - Ref. No. Part No. Description: part #2 32109-MB9-870 SUB-HARNESS, PUMP)

Trying to figure out where the end of this wire is supposed to connect to front edge hooks to the pump and the four hanging connectors I am assuming connect to the control panel on the false tank.

Where does the end of this wire hook to? it appears to have a male and female connector and it appears that I may have something missing here!!!!
Does any one have a diagram of where this goes or a real life photo of this area on the bike?

RBGERSON
Motorcycle: 98 SE GL 1500
had every year from 75 to 83

Re: Air pump wiring diagram - HELP!!

Postby RBGERSON » Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:45 pm

There is the pump switch plug..g and bl/br wires, main relay bl/br, g/y, lg/br,g and air pressure sensor g,lb, bl/br, and the pump g, lg/br. Hope that helps wire colors should ID what youi are looking at if the OP didn't rewire anything this was for and 83 ASpy.
HAD LOTS OF GOLDWING 75-83
NOW INTO 1500'S..RIDING A 1998 SE

FAIR WINDS,
RB

fred55
Motorcycle: 1982 gl1100

Re: Air pump wiring diagram - HELP!!

Postby fred55 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:25 pm

Thank You for your help- But not sure were the pump switch plug is at. I'm working with some wires missing, I think. This motorcycle set outside for about 5 years- when a pack-rat got to it.
When I got the cycle it was a not looking good at all. I have reworked all but the air pump wiring. The air pump was just setting in the fales tank with two short wires on it.
I have got the air pump to run with a battery, so I know it works. But not sure were to start. Looking for Photo's or wiring diagram.
Thank You for HELPING - I would love to get this motorcycle on the road again. PS - motor is running great.

Return to “GL1100 Information & Questions”