Honda specialty tools

Information and questions on GL1100 Goldwings (1980-1983)
  • Sponsored Links
fr1tz
Motorcycle: 1982 Aspencade CSC Trike

Honda specialty tools

Postby fr1tz » Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:00 am

Hey yall I have a couple of things that I want to check on me 82 1100 which requires special tools so I called the local honda dealer and he needs part numbers so anyway what do I need to check the timing ? oil sprays everywhere when using a timing light, also I need a socket for my swing arm nut !! where can I get part #s for these tools - fr1tz

Never ride faster than your guardian angle can fly

fr1tz

Re: Honda specialty tools

Postby fr1tz » Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:22 pm

Hey Guys I found the part numbers - fr1tz

littlebeaver
Motorcycle: 1981 gl 1100 I , 79 Yamaha XS11
Special, 82 Kawa 750 CSR, 82 Kawa 750 LTD, 03 Kawa Nomad 1500, 99 Kawa Voyager 1200

Postby littlebeaver » Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:38 am

Perhaps the next guy would like to also know the numbers, can you post them pretty PLEASE...Maybe a photo too.. :D I had to make both of those tools, Admin. convinced me I could do it..I know I impressed him with the timing sight cap.. :lol:

fr1tz

Postby fr1tz » Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:02 am

sorry I wasn't thinking the part # for the timing cap is HC 63068, the swing arm pivot locknut wrench # is 07908-4690001 and bikebandit online wants $99.65 for it, I'll make one I remember I cut up several sockets back when I built my trike then thru it away because it wasn't just rite, this time i'll take my time making that wrench.
I must say that I've learned more this past month on this forum that I ever thought possible, you guys are great, the only thing bad about this forum is I hog the computer and the wife is not happy about that LOL she'll get over it !!! - fr1tz

PS littlebeaver tell me more about the timing cup that you made

littlebeaver
Special, 82 Kawa 750 CSR, 82 Kawa 750 LTD, 03 Kawa Nomad 1500, 99 Kawa Voyager 1200

Postby littlebeaver » Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:40 pm

fr1tz wrote:sorry I wasn't thinking the part # for the timing cap is HC 63068, the swing arm pivot locknut wrench # is 07908-4690001 and bikebandit online wants $99.65 for it, I'll make one I remember I cut up several sockets back when I built my trike then thru it away because it wasn't just rite, this time i'll take my time making that wrench.
I must say that I've learned more this past month on this forum that I ever thought possible, you guys are great, the only thing bad about this forum is I hog the computer and the wife is not happy about that LOL she'll get over it !!! - fr1tz

PS littlebeaver tell me more about the timing cup that you made

I brought the cap up once to Admin. he suggested maybe using a die,,,I argeed he did say something about heating the die up first, that's not necessary....25mm die i got special order...15/16" holesaw, also special order,, I am kinda weird about things fitting proper and such..Borderline profectionist...Naw not me :shock: ..I used a 3/4" pvc adapter from any plumbing supply and some 1/4" lexan, simply drilled out the lexan to fit the hole tightly, I have to sand down the sides a hair to get a perfectly tight fit then I apply some pvc glue or multi purpose glue to the inside of the adapter and I press the lense into place on a nice flat surface.. I sand down the original threads to where they are nearly gone then I place the adapter in my vise lighty tighten and I use the die by hand and cut in the threads..Sweet... Oh I also reject and lense that doesn't fit tight enough for my likings..It's my qc program :shock: ... You can actually kiss the crank with it if you take off the oring I have there...
I like it..another beaver special ha ha, works better that oem..theres only one lense in mine and two in the oem..
I like it..another beaver special ha ha, works better that oem..theres only one lense in mine and two in the oem..
Do a search on this you might find more stuff on it here with more photo's,, I gotta go..Now for the guy that doesn't want to buy all this stuff you could just sand the adapter to fit the hole tight, then get some cooking plastic, like for oven cooking a roast and use the plastic over the cap and push it down in or maybe seran wrap..just make some crossmarks on the plastic and hold it centered as you push it down in.. but mine is far nicer it screws down all proper and such..None of them have ever leaked on me and I can see the marks fine,,Need clean fresh oil though... good luck sir...

RoadRogue
Motorcycle: 1997 1500SE

Postby RoadRogue » Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:45 pm

Beave gave me a few of the timing site glasses he made, If you would like one send me a PM with your address and I will mail you one. 8-)
Ride safe, Todd
Over night campers welcome

fr1tz

Postby fr1tz » Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:07 pm

Hey littlebeaver THANKS now I can see clearly LOL - fr1tz

littlebeaver

Postby littlebeaver » Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:11 pm

Hey Fr1tz it's cool man anything to do to help out,,Hey you know you can check your timing also by removing the timing belt cover on the left front belt [sitting on the bike left] right if you're facing it.. now I have done this both ways, I enjoy exploring new things and coming up with cool fun things to play with and sharing is my information I got this from a friend though, not the stand , that's my idea..but the timing check on the pulley .. just remove the belt cover and you know those timing marks on the case and on the pulley [arrow] and you know how they align, well you can use your timing light on those marks and then have someone throttle it up to 3k and you will see it advance much easier than the cap way..Hey, I made a beaver stand ha ha...Because I ain't right :shock: ...that's why...Here's is a photo of my stand, I painted it black so I could see the marks with no problem...I put the crank marks on T-1 as you would to change belts then I placed the stand right where the arrow and mark is on the case and painted a mark on my stand, I just transfered the mark to the stand is what I'm saying, see this way I could have the stand right up next to the pulley as it's spinning, how cool is that, I bet a video of this would be cool too :shock: ....Here is my stand..
oops wrong photo, stupid swingarm tool move out of here, cutting a window out in this is a waste of time, Wingadmin. said to just mark a ref, mark on the allen bolts position, made sense to me as long as the allen bolt doesn't move when tighting  the out lock bolt, your good..Smart guy that Admin.
oops wrong photo, stupid swingarm tool move out of here, cutting a window out in this is a waste of time, Wingadmin. said to just mark a ref, mark on the allen bolts position, made sense to me as long as the allen bolt doesn't move when tighting the out lock bolt, your good..Smart guy that Admin.

fr1tz

Postby fr1tz » Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:08 am

Hey littlebeaver check out my new timing window
what I did was get the clear tube which came off a at-a-glance guage and I have a junk GL1200 engine that I got the other cap then drilled a 3/4 inch hole than pressed the clear tube in it then cut it off flush (not to bad) - fr1tz

littlebeaver

Postby littlebeaver » Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:33 am

Man that is just way cool, thinking outside the box... It's things like this that makes me happy, to see something doning something alittle differently is priceless and new ways to complete a task, very very good.. Some guys clean off the F-1, F-2 marks then paint the marks white paint, I used red...I cleaned off the marks really well with a few qu tips and I dabbed the qu tip in brake cleaner to clean the surface then I dried it, I sprayed a little high heat type paint into a paint cap lid and I used a small paint brush to paint a nice line on the mark...I let it dry over night then I did the next mark the next day..It makes the line easier to view...I think Virgil has a good way of marking it too....Chime in anytime Virgil.. I think he has also done the pulley way too.. :D Fritz if it measures 5/8" to the bottom of the cap you should be good sir...Awesome man... :D

fr1tz

Postby fr1tz » Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:32 am

When I stuck the threaded adapter in snug then pressed the clear tube in till it touched the crankshaft then backed it out about 1/8 inch or less when I took out the adapter the glass was just about flush with the bottom of the threads on the adapter "sweet" after your how to presentation I had a vision so I thank you again.
now I want to make a socket for my swing arm nut, any suggestions ? fr1tz

littlebeaver

Postby littlebeaver » Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:40 pm

Perfect man, it should work great then..I think I used a 27 mm deepset socket for that seems like a 28 would also work, a pipe works good too, might be better..maybe 1 1/2" I forgot but I would suggest getting some painters tape and wrapping it around the socket/pipe then lay it out to cut..I used a small dremel and a heavy duty cutting blade for mine,,simple.. Good luck.. :D

Return to “GL1100 Information & Questions”