LOVE AN EARLY SPRING!

Information and questions on GL1100 Goldwings (1980-1983)
  • Sponsored Links
veg_eta_ble
Motorcycle: 1980 GL1100

LOVE AN EARLY SPRING!

Postby veg_eta_ble » Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:05 pm

Hi guys! I'm back! :D Finally after my blowout and wreck last year, a lot of moping, some elbow grease and of course $$$$, got my old rusty but trusty wing flying again today. I know I have not posted much here but man I have spent HOURS "stealing" knowledge from all! Thanks everybody! My only thought I can add to any of these posts is this: If you own channel locks, vise grips, pipe wrenches, or crescent wrenches PLEASE KEEP THEM FAR AWAY FROM YOUR WING! I have had to replace nearly every drain and fill plug on mine since I think these were the only tools the PO owned :evil: (or used anyway) and it is just senseless. The right size wrench saves money and time every time. Thanks again, all. I love the community in this forum. :D

If you walked out of bed today, had a job to go to, a home to go back to, and someone there who loves you, then my friends, you have already won. -Larry Miller

themainviking
Motorcycle: 2009 GL1800 AD

Re: LOVE AN EARLY SPRING!

Postby themainviking » Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:02 pm

I love an early spring also --- do you know where I can find one? :lol:
It ain't about the destination - it's all about the journey

ImageImage

littlebeaver
Motorcycle: 1981 gl 1100 I , 79 Yamaha XS11
Special, 82 Kawa 750 CSR, 82 Kawa 750 LTD, 03 Kawa Nomad 1500, 99 Kawa Voyager 1200

Postby littlebeaver » Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:56 pm

Our Chinese plum tree in the back yard is already getting plums on it..Small but they are there...I agree with your tools quote, I have seen enough stripped nuts and bolt heads to get a bit bothered by it too...

veg_eta_ble
Motorcycle: 1980 GL1100

Postby veg_eta_ble » Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:48 am

Viking come on out to tropical middle of Nebraska! The land where we had two feet of snow last weekend and 65 degrees today 8-) On second thought, we might have two more feet of snow next weekend. :D
If you walked out of bed today, had a job to go to, a home to go back to, and someone there who loves you, then my friends, you have already won. -Larry Miller

patbrandon1
Motorcycle: 1982 GL1100 I
1981 Honda CM400C

Postby patbrandon1 » Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:43 am

Glad to hear you are back veg_eta_ble. Yes, this is a great site, and the nice people with knowledge, so kindly shared, is refreshing. I don't have the striped nuts and bolts so much. I have every Phillips head screw striped out. Because, well they aren't Phillips head screws, they are JIS, and the wrong one in the wrong hole destroys them. But hey, who knew, right? But the bolt heads they left you with, was just lazy, and I would be frustrated too. On the next Wing project bike I buy, every nut, bolt, or screw that is striped, is $10 each off of the price I will offer. Welcome back.

Return to “GL1100 Information & Questions”