Power brakes on my 1100

Information and questions on GL1100 Goldwings (1980-1983)
  • Sponsored Links
littlebeaver
Motorcycle: 1981 gl 1100 I , 79 Yamaha XS11
Special, 82 Kawa 750 CSR, 82 Kawa 750 LTD, 03 Kawa Nomad 1500, 99 Kawa Voyager 1200

Power brakes on my 1100

Postby littlebeaver » Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:17 am

Sometimes we have problems with things,, I try to find the best thing for me,,,If you have not figured this out yet, I am far outside the box..way way out in left field all by myself... :shock: I do things that work for me not to please someone else..I try it then if it works I use it.. :shock:...I think I forgot to post this here... I forgot to tell you that I have power brakes on the rear of my 81 .... It's been that way for at least six months or more.. :shock: See I have size 14 boots, that's right 14's [call me a clown and I shall smack you] :lol: No I won't.... I'm kidding for you serious guys out there.. I use my heel to brake because of my big jumbo deluxe feet,,see it's hard braking with my floorboards so I did something about it..I don't care what it looks like I want power brakes man...Part of the reason these bikes don't brake so well is because you have to use your toe, it's fine with pegs on but not with floorboard for me anyway it sucked big time.....Now how much pressure can you actually use by using your freakin toe,,really ...think about it...I use my heel...Why ??? Because I can...I just fastened some flat stock to the top of the pedal and bolted it down and made a hand sewn pad..I brake on a dime now..Pretty simple and I like it because I raise and lower my heel really quickly..I can feel it with the left side of my heel so I know where it's at all the time..I put it right where I wanted it.. Please don't do this,,this is for me and it's not for you.....show and tell only.. :D when both brakes applied I stop in a hurry now..If I ever change out the floor boards back to pegs I will remove it..Nothing wrong with it with pegs on..Even with my big feet..Don't you laugh at my feet.. :evil:
Attachments
Don't you go and try this now....
Don't you go and try this now....

Fulcrum
Motorcycle: 1982 GL1100

Re: Power brakes on my 1100

Postby Fulcrum » Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:03 am

Need to post a further back pic so we can get a better image of the setup.

littlebeaver
Motorcycle: 1981 gl 1100 I , 79 Yamaha XS11
Special, 82 Kawa 750 CSR, 82 Kawa 750 LTD, 03 Kawa Nomad 1500, 99 Kawa Voyager 1200

Re: Power brakes on my 1100

Postby littlebeaver » Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:40 am

Man I love Steak, everytime I see that photo I want steak..I like it Medium, garlic salt and onion power on the grill...Hello... But I gotta go easy on it now because I got the DEBETES :shock: :D I wrapped the heck out of the heavy flat stock with duct tape for a pad then covered it with my hand made pad :lol: :lol: My shifter is also a hand made pad and I lowered it to the perfect height..It was way to high man..forget that, now it's custom made.. :shock: ...I dropped it down at least 2 1/2"...why??? well you know why... :lol:
I can care less how it looks but what matters to me, is, how it works...
I can care less how it looks but what matters to me, is, how it works...
simple drop using a piece of flat stock....Perfect now,same height as my Nomad was..
simple drop using a piece of flat stock....Perfect now,same height as my Nomad was..
remember I'm not promoting anything here, this is for me...And only for me..don't you go try this... :shock:

Return to “GL1100 Information & Questions”