Information and questions on GL1100 Goldwings (1980-1983)
- Sponsored Links
3 posts • Page 1 of 1
- Posts: 144
- Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2012 8:46 pm
- Location: Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- Motorcycle: 1980GL1100 NICE!
Do the OEM mufflers have fiberglass packing? I have always put an ounce or two of oil in the cylinders over the winter. It smokes like a two stroke for a while after start up. Is this bad for the packing?
- Johnyy Smoke
- Posts: 638
- Joined: Sat Nov 26, 2011 6:44 am
- Location: Se Minnesota
- Motorcycle: 1980 GL1100
Vetter. "Its like Deja Vu all over again".
No worries there mate-a couple of SQUIRTS of oil in the cylinders before storage wont hurt anything.Regards, Johnyy
- Posts: 237
- Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:55 pm
- Location: albany, New York
- Motorcycle: 1982 gl1100 interstate
most of the 2 strokes run fiberglass packed mufflers. if they can mix oil with gas without a problem i dont see where putting a little oil in your cylinders for storage is going to hurt anything.
WHAT IS THE SPEED OF DARK?
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], GrapeshotCrawler [Crawler] and 2 guests