Information and questions on GL1100 Goldwings (1980-1983)
  • Sponsored Links
Motorcycle: 1982 GL1100 Interstate

Postby powercat1994 » Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:58 am

I got this bike about 4 years ago with now stereo. Has the plate on left side for original but did come with aftermarket housing that fits below windshield. If I want to go orginal and get one for left side, where do I start to look and is Clarion the only original stereo?

Motorcycle: 1981 Goldwing GL1100

Re: Stereo

Postby B0b88 » Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:25 pm

From what I remember there a few diff clarion models, the 1 and the 2 I would look through ebay, I'm pretty sure you can't find them new... And if you do find oem radios you'd be spending a forkload.. If you read around the forums there are many who have installed aftermarket radios in these bikes... With an aftermarket stereo u would lose the automatic volume that works with Rpms or throttle not exactly sure :) someone on here might have one laying around as we'll.

Motorcycle: 1983 GL1100 I purchased 3/16

1983 GL1100I frame with an 80 engine. poor boy installed with C-5 ignition--DIED in Grande Prairie Alberta Canada 8/15

98 valkyrie sold 8/16

Re: Stereo

Postby Wilcoy02 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:47 pm

Well as a matter of fact I DO have one laying around.
Clarion ll. I have never had it hooked up so I do not know if it works or not.

I did buy a complete radio like this 2 years ago and it was advertised as it works. After I installed it I had to go to Sierra electronics three times to get it to work correctly. They said after 30 plus years The insides are fragile. Shipping did not do my radio any favors -But Sierra did get it to work perfectly for me.

It has the am/fm radio.
handlebar switch for am/fm,
passenger line to communicate with driver,
radio control for left fairing' with key
all connections.

Everything Except the antenae, ant bracket, and the shade for the gauages-I do have the bracket but not the shade.

Anyone can send me a pm with an offer--If it is not within reason I will not sell it.
It is very heavy-40 pounds there abouts so consider shipping cost also.

Return to “GL1100 Information & Questions”