HELP ME!!!!

Information and questions on GL1100 Goldwings (1980-1983)
  • Sponsored Links
corba
Motorcycle: "1981 GL1100I INTERSTATE"

HELP ME!!!!

Postby corba » Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:30 am

Please help, I have GOLDVING1981 INTERSTATE, I need help in order to determine where it came from GH5038400152913 number, this number is entered in the mixed paper when imported into Serbia and the engine number is labeled normal that there should be, but I have a problem when I wanted to register, we will approve it until you find where that number, ask for help. thank you

trashtruck
Motorcycle: 1982 gl1100 interstate

Re: HELP ME!!!!

Postby trashtruck » Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:12 am

paperwork can be wrong. the numbers you should be using for registration are on the right side where the front end attaches to the bike. this is the VIN (vehicle id number).
WHAT IS THE SPEED OF DARK?

RBGERSON
Motorcycle: 98 SE GL 1500
had every year from 75 to 83

Postby RBGERSON » Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:40 am

The vin number is in two places.."welded" into the right side of the steering neck and on the left side of the steering neck on a riveted on label.
HAD LOTS OF GOLDWING 75-83
NOW INTO 1500'S..RIDING A 1998 SE

FAIR WINDS,
RB

corba

Postby corba » Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:09 am

trashtruck wrote:paperwork can be wrong. the numbers you should be using for registration are on the right side where the front end attaches to the bike. this is the VIN (vehicle id number).

thanks for the reply, but my VIN number matches the chassis number, engine number I have is correct, but I was enrolled in the Customs Code that nowhere in the whole engine and imposed it as the engine number, but somewhere on the net I found that numbers PTO , beginning with the same letter designation GH, and now it is impossible NOT to find, when I saw

Calzone
Motorcycle: 1980 Interstate

Postby Calzone » Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:27 am

Well here`s the scoop. The engine number is behind the carbs on top the engine block. The engine number will match the frame number when the bike rolls off the assembly line.
If the engine has been replaced with another used one it will have a different number, If the engine case was replaced it may have no number at all, just a raised casting left blank.
Whatever your problem is the title of the bike needs to match the frame number located on the neck(forward of the false tank). If your title matches the frame number all is OK.
I know nothing about importing into Serbia though.

corba

Postby corba » Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:11 am

Calzone wrote:Well here`s the scoop. The engine number is behind the carbs on top the engine block. The engine number will match the frame number when the bike rolls off the assembly line.
If the engine has been replaced with another used one it will have a different number, If the engine case was replaced it may have no number at all, just a raised casting left blank.
Whatever your problem is the title of the bike needs to match the frame number located on the neck(forward of the false tank). If your title matches the frame number all is OK.
I know nothing about importing into Serbia though.

my friend, the numbers on the neck (behind the false tank) and agree with the left and right sides, and the engine number is not the same as those numbers will now have a problem, quality service for Serbia, there is no access for engines that are older than 88 years . so that means I can not explain to the police, where they enter the code, which differs from the number of engines and chassis, imports from Switzerland to Serbia

Wilcoy02
Motorcycle: 1983 GL1100 I purchased 3/16

1983 GL1100I frame with an 80 engine. poor boy installed with C-5 ignition--DIED in Grande Prairie Alberta Canada 8/15

98 valkyrie sold 8/16

HELP ME!!!!

Postby Wilcoy02 » Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:27 pm

So the way I understand you need to know where that number GH5038400152913 is the engine number and you need to know with documentation of where this engine originated from.

Can anyone help with this?

Return to “GL1100 Information & Questions”