Information and questions on GL1100 Goldwings (1980-1983)
- Sponsored Links
3 posts • Page 1 of 1
- Posts: 27
- Joined: Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:32 am
- Location: Jacksonville, Florida
- Motorcycle: 1982 GL1100 Interstate "Barn find"
Okay fellas, I knew I was getting a barn find with rusted bolts and screws...then I found this when I got under her...what (if anything) can be done about a 2 inch rusted hole in the frame just in front of the kickstand.....advice...jokes...both are welcome
- Posts: 237
- Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:55 pm
- Location: albany, New York
- Motorcycle: 1982 gl1100 interstate
don't use the kickstand. seriously, the side stand is attached to a removable section of the frame. it shouldnt be hard to find or fabricate a replacement. check ebay and your local bike salvage yards.
WHAT IS THE SPEED OF DARK?
- Posts: 358
- Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:19 am
- Location: portsmouth uk
- Motorcycle: 1982 gl1100c (interstate)
hi i had the same issue with my 83 managed to source a side stand rail from the states its only 4 bolts to remove and saved me a lot of stress as it was leaning over at a scary angle
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: Brandwatch [Bot] and 1 guest