Information and questions on GL1100 Goldwings (1980-1983)
- Sponsored Links
3 posts • Page 1 of 1
- Posts: 378
- Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:19 am
- Location: portsmouth uk
- Motorcycle: 1982 gl1100c (interstate)
hi. after riding i seem to get a very small puddle (about a teaspoon ) of radiator fluid pooling under the bike on left side inbetween starter motor and exhaust collector box it seems to be coming from the exhaust itself there are no leaks on rad itself. any ideas gratfully recieved thank you .
- Posts: 291
- Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:02 pm
- Location: Linden, Alberta, Canada
- Motorcycle: 1983 GL1100A Aspencade
Sounds like you might get to change your headgaskets - maybe drop your exhaust and see if you can see any leaks. I also had my lower rad hose leaking - but it was blowing around and looked like it was leaking near the exhaust too. My head gasket hints were white clouds out the pipes and hydro-locking when trying to start it.
My wife is the greatest - she won't let me sell my bike - I'm less grumpy when I ride...
- Site Admin
- Posts: 17566
- Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2008 4:16 pm
- Location: Strongsville, OH
- Motorcycle: 2000 GL1500 SE
1982 GL1100A Aspencade (sold)
1989 PC800 (wife's!)
1998 XV250 Virago (sold)
2007 Aspen Sentry Trailer
Make sure the coolant isn't coming from the water pump weep hole: