Information and questions on GL1100 Goldwings (1980-1983)
- Sponsored Links
3 posts • Page 1 of 1
- Posts: 8
- Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:50 am
- Location: Edwards, MO
- Motorcycle: 1983 GL1100 Aspencade
Looks like my rear tire is rubbing my rear caliper brace is there a way to adjust this? According to the manual I have the correct size tire...
- Posts: 203
- Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:41 pm
- Location: Orange, California
- Motorcycle: current 2005 GL1800ABS previous GL1200A GL1500K GL1100A CB350 GL650I VFR1000 ST1100 GL1200A GL1500I + many other brands
tplumlee wrote:Looks like my rear tire is rubbing my rear caliper brace is there a way to adjust this? According to the manual I have the correct size tire...
Hi tplumlee, welcome to the site. There is a spacer that goes between the caliper bracket and the hub that is missing, when the rear wheel is removed some one left it out or sub'd a washer for it and it is to thin. Follow the track below and you will see the spacer that the WingAdmin is showing on how to R&R the rear wheel. You can go to the DIY site for most anything you will want to do with your Wing. Good luck.
DON'T DESTROY IT-RESTORE IT
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: cyberlon and 3 guests