THROTTLE LOCK

Information and questions on GL1100 Goldwings (1980-1983)
  • Sponsored Links
NUTCKERGOLDWING
Motorcycle: 1981 GL1100I

THROTTLE LOCK

Postby NUTCKERGOLDWING » Sat May 01, 2010 7:38 pm

THINKING ABOUT INSTALLING A THROTTLE LOCK ON MY 1100,,,HAS ANYONE USED THE VISTA CRUISE WITHOUT THE BAR AND WHAT KIND OF LUCK DID YOU HAVE. THE LOCAL DEALER SAYS I SHOULD USE THE VISTA MODEL WITH THE BAR BUT IT REQUIRES A LITTLE MORE TO INSTALL THAN THE VISTA WITHOUT THE BAR,, ANY IDEAS. THANKS
BILL IN ALASKA

wd8inn
Motorcycle: 1978 CB750K, dressed for touring...
1985 GL1200A Aspencade

Re: THROTTLE LOCK

Postby wd8inn » Sun May 02, 2010 12:31 am

>>>>>Hi, my name is Dwight here in Akron, OH. I have used the Vista/Vanda-cruise units on my old '78 CB750K and my new spring acquisition of an '85 Aspencade with no problems. I had one on my previous '74 CB750 K4 which was called a twist assiost and I liked that the best, but they seem to be no longer available. In my perusing last night and this evening, I see the new one you are talking about and from what I can gleen from what I have been aboe to readit seems just like an improved version of the original Vista-cruise model and, what, $9.00 more. Then everything keeps going up. My original 2 previous ones--the v- and twist assist were both I believe $17.95-19.95 back in 1986 and 1975 respectively. For me, they are an invaluable aid as I made 1 long trip the 1st time without one and in riding back and forth from Clevland to Indianapolis in '73-4 without any and even though much younger, I had wrist fatigue. So, from me take your pick and I think you can do no wrong. BTW, having seen this new model I am considering getting one for the kicks and giggles anyway, just to see the difference, if any...
>>>>>DWIGHT, WD8INN<<<<<

NUTCKERGOLDWING
Motorcycle: 1981 GL1100I

Re: THROTTLE LOCK

Postby NUTCKERGOLDWING » Sun May 02, 2010 2:26 am

wd8inn wrote:>>>>>Hi, my name is Dwight here in Akron, OH. I have used the Vista/Vanda-cruise units on my old '78 CB750K and my new spring acquisition of an '85 Aspencade with no problems. I had one on my previous '74 CB750 K4 which was called a twist assiost and I liked that the best, but they seem to be no longer available. In my perusing last night and this evening, I see the new one you are talking about and from what I can gleen from what I have been aboe to readit seems just like an improved version of the original Vista-cruise model and, what, $9.00 more. Then everything keeps going up. My original 2 previous ones--the v- and twist assist were both I believe $17.95-19.95 back in 1986 and 1975 respectively. For me, they are an invaluable aid as I made 1 long trip the 1st time without one and in riding back and forth from Clevland to Indianapolis in '73-4 without any and even though much younger, I had wrist fatigue. So, from me take your pick and I think you can do no wrong. BTW, having seen this new model I am considering getting one for the kicks and giggles anyway, just to see the difference, if any...
>>>>>DWIGHT, WD8INN<<<<<

THANK YOU FOR THE INFO. I THINK I WILL INSTALL ONE THIS WEEK,, LOCAL DEALER GETS ABOUT 25.00 FOR THEM NOW. THANKS AGAIN.
BILL IN ALASKA

Return to “GL1100 Information & Questions”