Problema de motor

Information and questions on GL1100 Goldwings (1980-1983)
  • Sponsored Links
Ángel
Motorcycle: 1980, GL1100, Standar

Problema de motor

Postby Ángel » Fri Jul 04, 2014 1:21 pm

Un saludo a todos. Os hablo desde España, aunque soy de Canarias, vivo actualmente en Asturias. Buscando en internet he dado con vuestro foro y me parece muy bueno.
Tengo una GL1100 Standard del 80, y tengo un problema, cuando camino unos kms. con ella y paro, comienza a salir mucho humo blanco por uno de los escapes. Compruebo también que consume mucha agua. Mi pregunta es, ¿será la junta de la culata que está quemada y esta pasando agua?, ¿una válvula pisada?, o ¿qué podrá ser?.
Os agradecería vuestras opiniones para ver si puedo solucionar el problema. Muchas gracias y un saludo desde España.

Fatwing Chris
Motorcycle: 2004 ABS Model Goldwing

Re: Problema de motor

Postby Fatwing Chris » Fri Jul 04, 2014 8:38 pm

Would love to try and help you man,but I don't speak Spanish.Sorry.
If I'da known it would last this long,I'da taken better care of it.
Chris
Double Dark
Darkside # 1602

sperryunivac
Motorcycle: 1983 Goldwing Interstate
1969 Bsa Lightning

Postby sperryunivac » Fri Jul 04, 2014 9:46 pm

I don't speak Spanish either, but I see the word agua and something about white smoke in this question. He also says a lot of water is lost.
Sounds like a blown head qasket??

dingdong
Motorcycle: 1976 gl1000
1993 gl1500
2004 NRX1800 Rune

Postby dingdong » Sat Jul 05, 2014 7:09 am

Most likely a blown head gasket.

From Bing translator:

Engine problem

«Unread postby Ángel» Fri Jul 04, 2014 1:21 pm

A greeting to all. I speak from Spain, although I am of the Canary Islands, currently live in Asturias. Searching the internet I've found your forum and I feel very good.
I have a GL1100 80 Standard, and I have a problem, when I walk a few kms. with her and stop, begins to come out white smoke one leaks. I also note that you consume plenty of water. My question is, would meeting of the stock which is burned and water's going?, a tread valve?, or what may be?.
I appreciate your opinions to see if I can solve the problem. Thank you and greeting from Spain.

Read more: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=22739#ixzz36axOXW8O

Google translator:

Engine problem

PostBy Angel »Fri July 4, 2014 1:21 pm

Greetings to all. I speak from Spain, although I am of the Canary Islands, now live in Asturias. Searching the internet I've found your forum and it seems very good.
I have a 80 GL1100 Standard, and I have a problem, when I walk around kms. with her and unemployment begins to leave a lot of white smoke from one of the escapes. I note also that consume a lot of water. My question is, will the head gasket is burnt and this water going?, Tread does a valve, or do what it could be?.
I would appreciate your opinions to see if I can fix the problem. Thank you very much and greetings from Spain.

Read more: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=22739&p=125825 # p125825 # ixzz36ay9pFIp
Tom

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

WingAdmin
Site Admin
Motorcycle: 2000 GL1500 SE
1982 GL1100A Aspencade (sold)
1989 PC800 (wife's!)
1998 XV250 Virago (sold)
2007 Aspen Sentry Trailer

Postby WingAdmin » Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:13 am

My reply:

Most likely this is a blown head gasket. Coolant is getting past the failed head gasket and into the cylinder, which is why you are seeing the white smoke. Remove each spark plug, and if you see one that is shiny and clean, then that is the one that has the gasket leak.

And translated via Google Translate:

Lo más probable es una junta de culata soplado. El refrigerante es cada vez más allá de la junta de la cabeza y no en el cilindro, por lo que usted está viendo el humo blanco. Retire las bujías, y si ves que es brillante y limpio, entonces esa es la que tiene la fuga de la junta.

Return to “GL1100 Information & Questions”