Information and questions on GL1100 Goldwings (1980-1983)
- Sponsored Links
5 posts • Page 1 of 1
- Posts: 1
- Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:56 am
- Location: Thornton co.
- Motorcycle: 1980 gl1100 interstate
HOW DO YOU GET INTO THE HEADLITE TO CHANGE THE BULB ON A GL 1100 I WITH FARING
- Site Admin
- Posts: 17175
- Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2008 4:16 pm
- Location: Strongsville, OH
- Motorcycle: 2000 GL1500 SE
1982 GL1100A Aspencade (sold)
1989 PC800 (wife's!)
1998 XV250 Virago (sold)
2007 Aspen Sentry Trailer
It's fairly easy. On the side of the height adjustment knob, on the back side of the fairing, there is a small set screw. Loosen this screw until you can pull the knob off. You'll then see a nut, and two washers that you have to remove. Once those are removed, you can pull the headlight out the front of the fairing.
- Posts: 12
- Joined: Wed Aug 19, 2009 2:30 pm
- Location: Newcastle, England
- Motorcycle: 1983 GL1100A Aspencade
It's true it's fairly easy, but it's also a little fiddly. So, before you start I'd recommend checking that your fuse hasn't blown or cracked - as it had in my case as I found out having changed the bulb and finding it still didn't work. I'd have saved myself a bit of fiddling around with that set screw and getting a spanner on that nut if I'd thought of checking the fuse first! (It hadn't blown, just cracked).
- Posts: 258
- Joined: Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:24 pm
- Location: Lawnguyland New Yawk
- Motorcycle: Me on my 1981 GL1100 at Jones Beach in 1984
Here is the drawing from the Fairing Installation Manual. As mentioned, it is easily done, but be sure it isn't your fuse first.
- Posts: 5
- Joined: Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:59 pm
- Location: Minneola,fl.
- Motorcycle: 1993 goldwing aspencade
Thanks for info to change headlight was big help
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 2 guests