Information and questions on GL1100 Goldwings (1980-1983)
- Sponsored Links
7 posts • Page 1 of 1
- Posts: 54
- Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 6:46 pm
- Location: Archbold, Ohio
- Motorcycle: 1983 GL1100 Aspencade
Should the Idle be adjusted when the engine is cold or fully warmed up? After a ten mile warm up, my 83 aspy will idle at about 2000rpm, I am pretty sure this is too high. What is proper?
- Posts: 531
- Joined: Fri Oct 30, 2009 2:09 am
- Location: Glasgow Scotland
- Motorcycle: 1976 GL1000
Idle is set with the engine at operating temperature. Should be about 950-1000.
- Site Admin
- Posts: 14743
- Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2008 4:16 pm
- Location: Strongsville, OH
- Motorcycle: 2000 GL1500 SE
1982 GL1100A Aspencade (sold)
1989 PC800 (wife's!)
1998 XV250 Virago (sold)
2007 Aspen Sentry Trailer
There's a screw on the rear of the carburetor assembly, that limits the travel of the bellcrank (the thing that is moved when you move the throttle twist grip), and can be seen from the right side of the bike. It has a spring around the screw that supplies pressure to keep it in the place you set it.