HEL Braided Brake Lines Discount

Information and questions on GL1100 Goldwings (1980-1983)
  • Sponsored Links
Doctor Shelz 65
Motorcycle: 1983 GL1100A Aspencade

HEL Braided Brake Lines Discount

Postby Doctor Shelz 65 » Thu Apr 16, 2015 8:18 pm

I just ordered new stainless steel braided brake lines from HEL. I found that in earlier years, those on this forum were able to get a discount on these quality items. So, I asked the HEL rep., Jim, if we could do the same for forum members currently and he happily agreed. I would have paid $147.00 for these lines (several color options) but with the discount, I paid only $132.00 with free shipping. He said to simply contact helusa.com and plug in GWDOCS (use the caps) to get the discount. I must say he was very helpful in our interactions during my purchase.
I am new to this forum, but have been viewing it from afar until just registering today to let everyone know about this deal. It applies to 1200's as well.
My Goldwing? I picked up a beautiful, low miles, nimbus grey 1983 gl1100a in California last April and rode it home to Wisconsin in 5 days. Since then, I have done much modifying from info. gained here, such as adding a windscreen vent. new signal flasher, maintaining compressor dessicant, and adding a new Saddleman seat (its great!) Now for some new brake lines. My wife and I are planning a five thousand mile trip out west in May/June and are doing everything needed to make it a great trip. I have been riding for over 50 years (dirt and sport bikes, mostly), and find this iteration of the Goldwing affordable and a revelation in comfort and sport while touring. It certainly "out tours" the FJR 1300 I recently sold and it was a sweetheart.
I have been on other automotive forums and this is the best Goldwing forum I have seen, even though the others are great, too. Everyone here appears so helpful and positive, with a high level of expertise and willingness to share. I look forward to exchanging info. as time moves along.

Motorcycle: 1981 GL1100 Interstate

Re: HEL Braided Brake Lines Discount

Postby alastair.kj » Fri Apr 17, 2015 3:29 pm

I wonder if the discount is available for Canadians from the Canadian website. That's would be amazing.

Return to “GL1100 Information & Questions”