Lights mounted in your bike for night time useage

Information and questions on GL1100 Goldwings (1980-1983)
  • Sponsored Links
kajunmisfitt
Motorcycle: 1984 GL 1200 Aspencade

Lights mounted in your bike for night time useage

Postby kajunmisfitt » Thu May 07, 2015 2:51 am

Hello Everyone :
I have been thinking about this for a while and now I have ordered the lights and I am wondering if their is a right way and a wrong way to mount these lights. I was thinking of mounting them under the frame and in the area of the air breather then going under the fenders a lot with a set of air stem on my tires so when I am rolling their lighting up and when I am stopped at a light or stop sign then it is not lit. I have been told that LED lights are easier to use from the normal lights bars since they use more amps or volts. hence less power being used from my alternator. I have never use these or put anything like this on a bike. Thanks for your help in this matter !!!! I am not having to worry about the colors because it is orange and red on the tires!!! :idea:

WingAdmin
Site Admin
Motorcycle: 2000 GL1500 SE
1982 GL1100A Aspencade (sold)
1989 PC800 (wife's!)
1998 XV250 Virago (sold)
2007 Aspen Sentry Trailer

Re: Lights mounted in your bike for night time useage

Postby WingAdmin » Thu May 07, 2015 9:54 am

LED auxiliary lights are definitely the way to go for the GL1100, as it doesn't have a lot of extra power to play with.

In terms of positioning them, the higher up vertically you can get the lights, the better they are going to perform in terms of lighting up the road.

Return to “GL1100 Information & Questions”