Clutch Lifting Rod? Help

Information and questions on GL1100 Goldwings (1980-1983)
  • Sponsored Links
stuhrdw

Clutch Lifting Rod? Help

Postby stuhrdw » Sun Jun 27, 2010 4:12 pm

I am restoring an 82 Aspy GL1100. When i got it running the clutch would NOT disengage the tranny from the engine. I pulled it apart and the disks looked pretty bad as it sat in nasty oil for nearly 8 years.

i replaced the friction disks and did a complete clutch inspection, but it still does not disengage. I adjusted the clutch cable to within an inch of its life. There is no lash at all. everything looks great, but I did notice a "Lifting Rod" is missing as I compared this to the parts list. I noticed there is a little confusion of the clutch diagrams:

Can anyone tell me if there is a clutch lifting rod that goes through the bearing and into the shaft that is connected to the bearing on the pressure plate. This rod when come in direct contact with the lifting mechanism that is on the clutch cover. Maybe the clutch was disassembled before by the previous owner and they left that part out. But, some diagrams show it, others don't.

And if someone could tell me the dimensions so I can have on made. This thing is kickin my butt

Appreciate the help guys!

Thanks

dianedavis
Motorcycle: 1982 GL1100 Goldwing

Re: Clutch Lifting Rod? Help

Postby dianedavis » Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:30 pm

I have the exact same problem, reading yours is exactly what I just experienced myself. Has anyone helped you yet and if so please tell me what do I do? Thanks so much, I appreciate any help you can offer me and where are you located. I'm in Ontario Canada. If my bike keeps shifting like a Harley maybe I might just have to go back to a Harley!

Is there anyone out there than can offer me some help with this problem. Thanks!

Return to “GL1100 Information & Questions”