Synced my carbs today

Information and questions on GL1100 Goldwings (1980-1983)
  • Sponsored Links
Motorcycle: 1982 CX500 Turbo (restoration project)
1981 GL1100 Interstate (sold)
1988 GL1500

Synced my carbs today

Postby Aussie81Interstate » Sat May 30, 2015 10:34 pm

I got a carbtune II synchroniser this week, and even though the carbs were synced by a shop a few weeks ago I thought I would put these to good use and give them a try - just to see if they were in sync as per the shop saying they were spot on. I have had low end grumble on take off and it is quite annoying - bike is performing well - but using a reasonable amount of fuel - I am doing very short runs of only a few miles to my local train station and back, which would account for that.

Warmed up the bike - hooked up the carbtune - and to my amazement - they were not even close. So I started adjusting and in about 10 minutes - the bike started to sound smother and give crisper throttle response. The small adjustments are time consuming but well worthwhile, and keeping the settings when tightening things up are fiddly.

Will be taking the bike for a run next week - but it just feels now 50% better than before.

PS - I got the carbtune for the cost of postage - it was used by someone 10 years ago once - then put on the shelf. I got the whole kit including carry pouch - all adapters - even a clip to hang it off the handlebars...

Cheers :D

Return to “GL1100 Information & Questions”