Turn signal Buzzer


Information and questions on GL1100 Goldwings (1980-1983)
  • Sponsored Links
User avatar
WA9FWT
Posts: 828
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:19 pm
Location: sheboygan WI U.S. A.
Motorcycle: 1982 GL1100A Aspencade Now a Trike
1975 Cb750K sold

Turn signal Buzzer

Postby WA9FWT » Wed Jun 30, 2010 5:52 pm



Does the 1982 Aspencade GoldWing have a turn signal "Buzzer" that a op can here ? I need to get a good service manual too.
Thanks for any help on this question...
WA9FWT Phil



User avatar
WingAdmin
Site Admin
Posts: 17047
Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2008 4:16 pm
Location: Strongsville, OH
Motorcycle: 2000 GL1500 SE
1982 GL1100A Aspencade (sold)
1989 PC800 (wife's!)
1998 XV250 Virago (sold)
2007 Aspen Sentry Trailer

Re: Turn signal Buzzer

Postby WingAdmin » Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:53 pm

It's supposed to, but mine has never worked, and I never bothered to try to fix it.

NUTCKERGOLDWING
Posts: 17
Joined: Sat Apr 10, 2010 10:15 pm
Location: EAGLE RIVER ALASKA
Motorcycle: 1981 GL1100I

Re: Turn signal Buzzer

Postby NUTCKERGOLDWING » Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:27 pm

MY 1981 HAS A BUZZER THAT MAKES A CHIRPING SOUND WHEN ABOVE 40 MPH AND IT CHANGES TO A CLICKING SOUND BELOW 40 MPH. I BELIEVE IT IS FACTORY, THERE ARE NO SIGNS OF IT BEING CHANGED TO AFTERMARKET. IT'S KIND OF NEAT TO HEAR IT CHANGE SOUNDS EXACTLY WHEN YOU HIT 40 COMING DOWN IN SPEED.

User avatar
WA9FWT
Posts: 828
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:19 pm
Location: sheboygan WI U.S. A.
Motorcycle: 1982 GL1100A Aspencade Now a Trike
1975 Cb750K sold

Re: Turn signal Buzzer

Postby WA9FWT » Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:41 am

NUTCKERGOLDWING wrote:MY 1981 HAS A BUZZER THAT MAKES A CHIRPING SOUND WHEN ABOVE 40 MPH AND IT CHANGES TO A CLICKING SOUND BELOW 40 MPH. I BELIEVE IT IS FACTORY, THERE ARE NO SIGNS OF IT BEING CHANGED TO AFTERMARKET. IT'S KIND OF NEAT TO HEAR IT CHANGE SOUNDS EXACTLY WHEN YOU HIT 40 COMING DOWN IN SPEED.


"Hey " nut cracker, I don't think I will be making to many turns at 40MPH to here the Buzzer change sounds. :lol: The reason I would like the sound is so I know enough to turn it off.When I got this bike the cancelation of the turn signals didn't work,or the trip meter, so I replaced the speedometer, and all worked for a month, was on and off for a couple of days.....then dead!
Now I just learned that there is a Buzzer indicator to let one know your dirrection signals are working.Now to see if I can find a used Buzzer locally.I do here the relay clicking when the engine is not running, but I want that Buzzer sound, like when you here a truck back up. Maybe I can find one from a truck, and install. A lot cheaper then trying to locate why my cancelation is not working again.

WA9FWT Phil

Jeeper
Posts: 93
Joined: Sat Apr 10, 2010 4:24 pm
Location: Bridgton, ME
Motorcycle: 1983 GL1100A Aspencade

Re: Turn signal Buzzer

Postby Jeeper » Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:58 am

WA9FWT wrote:"Hey " nut cracker, I don't think I will be making to many turns at 40MPH to here the Buzzer change sounds. :lol:


Actually there are times when you might use your turn signals over 40 MPH, not just for making turns. Lane changes, on and off ramps, etc...

User avatar
WA9FWT
Posts: 828
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:19 pm
Location: sheboygan WI U.S. A.
Motorcycle: 1982 GL1100A Aspencade Now a Trike
1975 Cb750K sold

Re: Turn signal Buzzer

Postby WA9FWT » Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:17 am

Jeeper wrote:
WA9FWT wrote:"Hey " nut cracker, I don't think I will be making to many turns at 40MPH to here the Buzzer change sounds. :lol:


Actually there are times when you might use your turn signals over 40 MPH, not just for making turns. Lane changes, on and off ramps, etc...

Thanks Jeeper, you guys catch everything which is great. Hope you have a great 4th :D
WA9FWT Phil




Return to “GL1100 Information & Questions”




Who is online

Users browsing this forum: AhrefsBot [Bot] and 3 guests