So Long and thanks for all the fish.....

Information and questions on GL1100 Goldwings (1980-1983)
  • Sponsored Links
urbanmadness
Motorcycle: 1982 Gl1100A Aspencade *sold
1989 GL1500 Aspencade

So Long and thanks for all the fish.....

Postby urbanmadness » Tue Jun 16, 2015 10:57 am

Actually, not quite. I sold my '82 Aspy and bought a 89 1500gl (Beaver will say I'm a traitor), but I could not pass up the deal on the 1500. The good thing out of all of this, is I sold it to a friend. I gave him a screaming deal, so he could ride with us, all told, the upgrade cost me 500 bucks.

I have alot of blood, sweat and beers into the 1100, and I even re-did the seat, backrest and pouches. I never did get pictures of the bike complete, but the nice thing is, that I will. I'm also going to be working on it from time to time, teaching Matt (the new owner). I have a little patch work to do to the trunk, and when I do, I will be lettering the back with his nick name "Amos Moses".

He said, he gets nothing but comments about the paint work, and the bike in general, so I do feel a bit of pride. The paint job was and is unconventional, not to mention it's a rattle can job, and how many ol' goldwings have skulls airbrushed on them?

The new bike....

Return to “GL1100 Information & Questions”