Information and questions on GL1100 Goldwings (1980-1983)
- Sponsored Links
5 posts • Page 1 of 1
- Posts: 142
- Joined: Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:38 pm
- Location: Cambridge, Ontario, Canada
- Motorcycle: 1982 GL1100 GoldWing
I am not sure but I think I saw an article on replacing the old glass fuses with the newer blade style fuses but I cannot seem to find the post. Can some one point me in the right direction please. I read the DIY's 2x and didn't see it so hopefully it is not there LOL.
- Posts: 4287
- Joined: Thu Aug 08, 2013 4:03 am
- Location: sweetwater, Tennessee
- Motorcycle: 83 GL1100A aspencade, previously owned, 1981 honda GL500i silverwing interstate, 1974 yamaha xs400, 1974 Honda cb450 twin cam, 1983 honda vt30, 1982 honda 700 shadow, 1972 cb750four, and my first bike, a brand new 1982 honda CM400e. and a new to me 1986 GL1200 aspencade SEi
that was my posting, but it didn't work out because the person i bought the blade fuse block said it was for an 83 GL1100 aspencade, was actually for an 84 GL1200 aspencade, which has a plug connector and not made for the 83, so i wasn't able to make the conversion. the fuse block for the 83 has the wires hard wired into the bottom side of the block. im sure there is a blade type fuse block that can be ordered for the 83, but the thing is you would have to cut all the wires and reconnect them one by one to the blade fuse block.
- Posts: 291
- Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:02 pm
- Location: Linden, Alberta, Canada
- Motorcycle: 1983 GL1100A Aspencade
It's on my winter list to replace my fuse block with a blade style. Easier to find fuses - blade fuses are less prone to damage. And I can have a few extra circuits so that I'm not running everything extra on one accessory line.
My wife is the greatest - she won't let me sell my bike - I'm less grumpy when I ride...
- Site Admin
- Posts: 17516
- Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2008 4:16 pm
- Location: Strongsville, OH
- Motorcycle: 2000 GL1500 SE
1982 GL1100A Aspencade (sold)
1989 PC800 (wife's!)
1998 XV250 Virago (sold)
2007 Aspen Sentry Trailer
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Oamdave, Yahoo Slurp [Bot] and 1 guest