Rear brake fluid reservoir hose

Information and questions on GL1100 Goldwings (1980-1983)
  • Sponsored Links
ankgrays
Motorcycle: 1981 GL1100 interstate

Rear brake fluid reservoir hose

Postby ankgrays » Wed Jul 01, 2015 2:38 pm

AAAAAnd...ANOTHER question for the "smarter than I am" crowd. (Pretty much everybody)

Mamma Honda and the local Honda shop both say that part number 43512-463-006...the Hose, master cylinder, is an obsolete part.

As some have read in another thread, I am basically rebuilding the rear brakes from the ground up. Local shop says there isn't an

equivalent replacement part available from any of their aftermarket suppliers. They suggested trying an auto parts shop for something

that might work. Mr. O'Reillys says nothing also... that brake fluid would be too caustic and eat anything they would have. Is the original

hose made of anything special. Looks like fiber reinforced rubber to me.

I went to Mills Fleet Farm and bought a foot of 1/2 " ID Braided PVC - clear, for 99 cents. It seems to fit good, and for 99 cents,

if it doesn't work, I won't go broke.

SOOOOOOO...Will this work, or am I asking for trouble down the line?

If not, does anyone have suggestions on what is proper to use, or a source for the correct stuff?

ETA: looks like I put this in the wrong forum...ADMIN, would you please move this to the GL 1100 forum?...THANKS!!

I don't tolerate voluntary stupidity very well, and it seems to be rampant now-a-days.

"One of the problems about quotes from the internet, is that one cannot confirm their validity." - Abraham Lincoln

WingAdmin
Site Admin
Motorcycle: 2000 GL1500 SE
1982 GL1100A Aspencade (sold)
1989 PC800 (wife's!)
1998 XV250 Virago (sold)
2007 Aspen Sentry Trailer

Re: Rear brake fluid reservoir hose

Postby WingAdmin » Wed Jul 01, 2015 3:00 pm

PVC hose is very resistant to brake fluid and would be an acceptable replacement.

ankgrays
Motorcycle: 1981 GL1100 interstate

Re: Rear brake fluid reservoir hose

Postby ankgrays » Wed Jul 01, 2015 3:55 pm

Thanks, Admin, for the move and the quick reply!!

Now, back to the garage!!
I don't tolerate voluntary stupidity very well, and it seems to be rampant now-a-days.

"One of the problems about quotes from the internet, is that one cannot confirm their validity." - Abraham Lincoln

Return to “GL1100 Information & Questions”