Finding parts

Information and questions on GL1100 Goldwings (1980-1983)
  • Sponsored Links
Chuckgnh
Motorcycle: 1983 Apencade

Finding parts

Postby Chuckgnh » Sat Aug 01, 2015 8:24 am

It's about time I got on this forum! Hi all - so I've got a nice '83 Aspencade that I love. Just lost the right saddlebag cover blowing down the highway - well, I found it, but it had a severe case of rash and breakage. Parts seem hard to come by - no luck with salvage, so far - I'm not "made" of money (anyone here?).

a.) Any recommendations on how to find a replacement (burgundy would help, since I don't need to paint the bike)?
b.) Should I even be tempted to buy a nice same year bike I'm seeing on Craigslist, and saving some parts of this bike and parting it out? It looks like parting out could literally pay for most of another bike. No doubt a pain in the neck, takes up space, etc. Wondering how any of you have found that experience. No, I don't want an instant junkyard, but I do have a '73 CB750 that I need to put some work into, also. Or just consolidate everything.......

Opinions????? Thanks!

Overdog
Motorcycle: 83 Goldwing Interstate

74 BMW R90/6

Re: Finding parts

Postby Overdog » Sat Aug 01, 2015 11:19 am

Stuff like that pops up on Ebay from time to time. Even though I really don't need anything for my 83 Int. right now I look on Ebay every day. I went to Ebay motors and put GL1100 in the search field, then selected "Newly Listed" and put an Icon on my desktop. I check it several times a day.

ankgrays
Motorcycle: 1981 GL1100 interstate

Re: Finding parts

Postby ankgrays » Sat Aug 01, 2015 6:01 pm

Google: Moto-lane in Illinois and give him a call
I don't tolerate voluntary stupidity very well, and it seems to be rampant now-a-days.

"One of the problems about quotes from the internet, is that one cannot confirm their validity." - Abraham Lincoln

Return to “GL1100 Information & Questions”