Mods

Information and questions on GL1100 Goldwings (1980-1983)
  • Sponsored Links
kf4nxs
Motorcycle: 1982 GL1100A Aspencade

Mods

Postby kf4nxs » Tue Sep 01, 2015 4:42 pm

Ok, so i am looking at getting another wing. When I find the one I want, I am going to restore, mod, do what ever to the Goose. One thing I am thinking of doing is relocating the compressor from the shelter to inside the fairing. I know I will have to get new hoses and and such, but what one thing I want is to make the opening modular, as in one piece. Has anyone found a digital or different control system that will work to read PSI and operate the compressor? When I relocate everything, I want to bring it in to the 20th century. I plan to strip it down to bare frame and rewire, do all the usual mods with alternator and possibly single carb.

So thats the plan anyway, any suggestions or ideas?

4wred
Motorcycle: 82 goldwing aspencade
82 aspy turned naked (sold)
89 suzuki gsx 1100F

Re: Mods

Postby 4wred » Wed Sep 02, 2015 7:02 am

Don't think there will be enough room in the fairing for the compressor,if you have the same stuff in there I do (am fm cb intercom)alot going on in a small space.Maybe if you pull one of the pockets out you could use that space.sounds like more work than it's worth to me?

kf4nxs
Motorcycle: 1982 GL1100A Aspencade

Re: Mods

Postby kf4nxs » Wed Sep 02, 2015 10:35 am

When I bought the bike, the tuner didn't work. So I nixed it all, and added Cobra 75wx cb, the one that fits in your hand, the tune circuit is the only part in the fairing. So I have room to put it in there.

Return to “GL1100 Information & Questions”